Connecting to AXE FX for Firmware etc

Mr. Mulls

I've read the wiki, have myself the proper file etc on my mac but wondering if there's an alternate way through my M-audio fastrack to send the latest firmware and patches through to the Axefx. I'm seeing that I may need a usb to midi cable (which I don't have yet). Is there an alternate path? Or should I do what I think I should do and that's go buy the midi cable...

THaNKS!

Mr. Mulls said:
I've read the wiki, have myself the proper file etc on my mac but wondering if there's an alternate way through my M-audio fastrack to send the latest firmware and patches through to the Axefx. I'm seeing that I may need a usb to midi cable (which I don't have yet). Is there an alternate path? Or should I do what I think I should do and that's go buy the midi cable...

THaNKS!

No, there is no such thing as a usb to MIDI cable. You need a USB to MIDI interface. You an interface that has MIDI in/out. Maudio has several.

All you need is the USB cable that came with the FastTrack Pro and two (2) midi cables. Then you can load the firmware from the editor or from SysEx Librarian. Make sure you have MandoLane.

I'd suggest the editor so you can check for two-way communication before you commit changing the firmware though. Make sure you check MAudio's site for the newest drivers (don't ask) Note that you only need one midi cable to load the firmware but it takes two cables to easily check for two-way communication between the computer and the AxeFx (via the FastTrack Pro).

cheers,

Mr. Mulls said:
So, isn't my Fastrack pro a midi interface and all I need is a midi cable?

Thanks!

You didn't say pro that is different. yes, that will work. The regular fastrack doesn't have MIDI, only the pro.

Back
Top Bottom