Connecting the FM3 to PA+Cab and FOH

LeBigMac

Inspired
Hi, with my Axe Fx I have it set up to have Output 1 with cab Simulation and before the cab block I split the signal to Output 2 to connect my Matrix +Cab.
Is this setup possible with the FM3? I found, that Output 2 has less volume than Output 1, since it's for unity gain. What can I do?
Thx for your help!

Hi, with my Axe Fx I have it set up to have Output 1 with cab Simulation and before the cab block I split the signal to Output 2 to connect my Matrix +Cab.
Is this setup possible with the FM3? I found, that Output 2 has less volume than Output 1, since it's for unity gain. What can I do?
Thx for your help!
Is less volume from Out 2 a problem? Did you max out the Out 2 knob and your matrix?

Yes, sadly. There is not enough signal coming into the Matrix. The Signal light doesn't flash. There ist sound coming out, but as soon the rest of the band kicks in, I'm not loud enough.

You can increase the Level in the Out 2 block. I run a similar setup and turn Out 2 block Level up all the way to 20 dB which does the job for my setup - SD Powerstage 170 into a Mesa 1x12 cab. Check your meters there to make sure you aren't clipping.

I run my Friedman ASC-10 to out 2 on the FM3 and that's fairly loud with the output 2 level set half way. The cab's vol is set to half way as well. Is it a powered Matrix cab or power amp to cab?

I had this issue ....then there was an f/w update to fix....way back, make sure that +4db is enabled on OUT 2.

Where's your channel A vol set on the Matrix? I usually set it around 1 o'clock on mine as they tend to open up a little more and come to life a bit more set there.
Even with the volume on full it’s not loud enough. There’s a light labelled “signal”. As I understand it, it flashes if the input signal is loud enough. When output 2 is connected, the light never flashes. Even with output 2 maxed out. I’ll adjust the preset output and see if that’s enough. In the manual it says output 2 is unity gain, so no +4, -10 option.

Even with the volume on full it’s not loud enough. There’s a light labelled “signal”. As I understand it, it flashes if the input signal is loud enough. When output 2 is connected, the light never flashes. Even with output 2 maxed out. I’ll adjust the preset output and see if that’s enough. In the manual it says output 2 is unity gain, so no +4, -10 option.

That should be more than loud enough. Have you tried a different cable that connects the Matrix to the FM3 and also the cab? Is the Matrix running just on channel A? You don't have it set to bridged mode by any chance?

Thx for your help!

You can also do this programming with the FM3. I think in the I/O menu you can adjust the volume of the two outputs again (+6db/+10db/ etc.).

Hey guys, thanks for all your suggestions!
What did work was raising the level either in the output 2 block in the preset or in the global eq in the global settings.

Hey guys, thanks for all your suggestions!
What did work was raising the level either in the output 2 block in the preset or in the global eq in the global settings.

I'm confused - have you tried going into set-up on the FM3, select I/O, scroll down to Output 2 configuration, set output 2 boost/pad to 18db. Does that not raise the level of output 2 enough?

I'm confused - have you tried going into set-up on the FM3, select I/O, scroll down to Output 2 configuration, set output 2 boost/pad to 18db. Does that not raise the level of output 2 enough?
The boost/pad option doesn’t raise the output level. It sets the signal to noise ratio, similar as in the input boost/pad.

Back
Top Bottom