Connecting Stompboxes to Axe FX II

Could anyone point me in the right direction to connect a boost type of pedal IE Protone Deadhorse to the Axe FX II? Which input?

Running guitar to Axe Fx II to power amp to bugera 4by12. MFC running to axe via Ethernet.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just run it in front of the Axe through the front input. You could also run it in the loop, but for stomps that increase/boost gain, this can lead to more noise.

I run my OD Pedal(s) in the loop.

Inst in for guitar > Studio comp > FX LOOP (which has the physical OD pedal) > expander/limiter as a noise gate.

Tune the input gate, the input level 2 (Fx return) and the post loop gate and you will remove all hiss but have sustain for days

Pedals are either a Protone Merrow or a Maxon ST9

I'm a little confused about the front input and the loop!
What I know is that guitar pedals have low impedence so they must go to an Hi-Z input like the guitar input.
The loop out/in are line level... so they normally are good for multi-fxs or stereo fxs with line level ins!
Is this correct?

So what options do I have?

For eg, Carbon Copy Delay Pedal

Where's the best spot to connect?

For Deadhorse / MXR Microamp,

Sorry as I'm still getting my head around these things.

I'm a little confused about the front input and the loop!
What I know is that guitar pedals have low impedence so they must go to an Hi-Z input like the guitar input.
The loop out/in are line level... so they normally are good for multi-fxs or stereo fxs with line level ins!
Is this correct?

Most guitar pedals work just fine in the loop, with the exception of a few fuzz pedals (the kind like that to be first in the signal chain)

So what options do I have?

For eg, Carbon Copy Delay Pedal

For Deadhorse / MXR Microamp,

Sorry as I'm still getting my head around these things.

Carbon Copy sounds fine wherever in the chain. If you ALWAYS want it in front of the amp, then you can run it before the input and call it a day. If you want flexibility in where in your chain it goes, then stick it in the FX loop and put that block where you like, such as after the amp block in one preset, before the amp, but after a drive pedal in another preset etc.

Personally though, I'd suggest trying out the Axe delay block. Its got world class delay's and can easily match a basic analog delay like the carbon copy pedal. You might find you don't even need the hardware pedal anymore.

Back
Top Bottom