Connecting Presonus E8 to audio source and AX8?

sgb1

Hi everybody! My magic number just came up for the AX8! Also have 2 Presonus E8's coming for the workstation I'm building. How do I get music from my iPhone and or Macbook pro into the E8's while having guitar signal through simultaneously? I have Bose bluetooth headphone that I could play backing tracks through while I play but I really want to get the most I can out of the E8's up to and including tv sound in the future. How can I easily do this w/o switching a bunch of damn cables all the time? Please forgive a complete novice!! If devices are involved some specific recommendations would be great!!! Thx!

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I think any "decent" interface should work for you. Also Think about possible future connectivity demands, so choose wisely!

I'm using a basic mixer which allows multiple inputs. Connect the Eris 8's to your main outs on the mixer. Connect your iphone via 1/8" to 1/4" adapter cable to another input on the mixer, connect your AX8 via XLR or 1/4" L/R outputs to your mixer and everything going in will come out your monitors.

I'm using a basic mixer which allows multiple inputs. Connect the Eris 8's to your main outs on the mixer. Connect your iphone via 1/8" to 1/4" adapter cable to another input on the mixer, connect your AX8 via XLR or 1/4" L/R outputs to your mixer and everything going in will come out your monitors.
What mixer? Thx!

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. I think any "decent" interface should work for you. Also Think about possible future connectivity demands, so choose wisely!
Do you use any of the computer capabilities of the Pro 40? or do you just route signals with it?

I ended up getting the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. Have to build my studio desk and route everything before I can try. Thinking of getting a tv for between monitors and run the optical out into the 18i20 to put tv sound through the Eris E8's too.

Back
Top Bottom