Connecting labtop to Axe Fx II XL

Betweenus

Hello Everybody,

I hope someone can help me through this question i have.
During rehearsals i use my setup as an standalone unit, so no cables to the FOH , I only use OUT2 for my cabinet in stereo.
I was wondering if i can connect my labtop to play along with backingtracks.
Please take me through it step by step please.

Hello Everybody,

During rehearsals i use my setup as an standalone unit, so no cables to the FOH , I only use OUT2 for my cabinet in stereo.

Connect your laptop via USB and adjust the usb return level (I/O menu at the AXE).

USB only comes through Out 1.

He can use output 1 I think, he said he's only using output 2 right now. Also you don't even need to adjust the USB return level really, just put it to 0db and adjust the playback volume of the backing track in whatever playback program you are using, it's a lot easier than going into the I/O menu every time.

Be careful though, you are much more likely to clip the output when playing along to a track. You may need to reduce the USB return and/or your preset levels if that happens.

Hello Everybody,

Also, which computer?
on my MacBook, you need to switch the audio output (in the sound menu) to the AXE FX.

I'm a rookie and know this isn't exactly what you want but i connect my laptop to my XL using USB and then select it as the play back device on my Windows machine. So whatever i play from my guitar or from my laptop comes through the headphone jack on the Fractal. Also much quitter for the family :)

Back
Top Bottom