Connect TV to HS7 Studio monitors

Michael Engel

Vendor
Hi! I recently bought a pair of Yamahas new HS7 studio monitors, and I'm really enjoying this purchase. 8) I would prefer more bass though (for music-listening), but considering space and price this is almost perfect for me. Well since my studio is my bedroom as well, i was thinking of using my new n' fine studio monitors as the only speakers in the room. My otherwise decent Cerwin Vega set can be used elsewhere.
So this is what i got to work with:
axe-fx-ii-rear-back-panel-large__87974_zoom.jpgMbox2Pro_back.jpg3-420-90.jpg
Axe FX2, Mbox 2 and LG SL9000 TV.
Keep in mind that i need to be able to take my AXE out for the weekends, so maybe spdif from AXE to Mbox for easy de- and installment? It is also important that i always can turn my TV on with sound coming from monitors without any hassle. Is this possible?
Thans for reading, i hope you have any ideas :encouragement:

Perhaps a designated AV amp (and sub) will be the way forward if you want more bass..?

However, you could probably use what you have by breaking that Audio OUT D-Sub connector out to a couple phono or jack sockets (you may need to buy a specific cable) to get the TV running through the Mbox and on to your HS7's. Finally, hook the Axe up to another pair of line inputs on the Mbox and you're good to go
thumbsup1.gif

EDIT: After enlarging the piccy, I see that the Audio Out on the TV is actually via Optical only, so in that case, you will need an Optical TOS to SPDIF convertor to get that hooked up :)

Last edited:
The TV does have a headphone out (mini TRS). Maybe i can use a cable like this: B000068O3C_img1.jpg
Then go directly to the HS7. The HS7 does have 2 inputs: Yamaha-HS7.jpg
Maybe i am able to use both inputs, by running AXE to the XLR inputs and TV to the jack inputs. Then i don't need the Mbox, which would be awesome!

Damn, the manual says " The XLR and phone jack input connectors can not be used simultaneously. Use only one input connector at a time." I guess i need to use the Mbox 2 somehow..

EDIT: I just realized that the Mbox will only work when connected to a computer with Pro Tools installed.. :ambivalence:

Any other device i can consider that will allow me to:
- Have my TV connected to monitors at all times.
- Easily plug my AXE to the monitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom