Connect Axe-Fx 2 to mixer and iPad to mixer

Bcraig

Inspired
ok I have a 10 channel mixer
and iPad

And all I want to do is just hear backing tracks through my head phones

How would I hook is up to work properly?

First and foremost, I recommend reading the manual on the mixer. While all mixers have the same fundamental features, not all of them are the same and might have different naming conventions.

Plug your headphones to the 1/4 inch Phones jack.

For the iPad: Get one of these if you don't have one already. It's an 1/8 inch to RCA cable. Hook up the red and whites to the "Tape In" on the mixer, and plug the other end into your iPad.
upload_2019-2-21_9-24-20.png

For the Axe FX, if you want to run stereo, run either two 1/4 inch instrument cables or two XLR cables from Output 1 Left and Right to Channel 1 and 2 on the mixer, respectively. On the mixer, turn the Pan knob on Channel 1 all the way to the left, and all the way to the right for Channel 2.

On the Axe FX, make sure your configuration is set so Output 1 is in Stereo and not one of the other options ("Left Only" or "Left+Right Sum"). Press the I/O button on the front panel. Press the "Page" right button on the front panel to go to the "Audio" tab. Use the directional buttons to scroll down to "Output 1 Mode" and use the dial to change it to "Stereo".

ok I have a 10 channel mixer
and iPad

And all I want to do is just hear backing tracks through my head phones

How would I hook is up to work properly?
Axe output to mixer

iPad output to mixer

Mixer headphone jack to headphones

Thanks guys very help if I have more question I post here
yes I will read up more on my mixer
And thanks for the photo of what I might need Iam sure if I have that so I will get that

Back
Top Bottom