configuring motu midi express 128 with axe-fx and FCB1010

pdelanghe

hi there,
i'm trying to setup a configuration where i can edit the patches of my axe fx with my mac and also change them using a floor controller (FCB 1010). My midi interface is a motu midi express 128, which has 8 in 8 out. so i have a pair of midi in and out from the motu to the AXE FX (port 1) and another pair in and out to the FCB (port 2) ; so the computer can talk to each of them (it works). BUT i also want the FCB to talk the the AXE FX, which means that i need to "patch" the ports 1 and 2 together in some way. I guess that there is a way to tell to the midi express that I want port 1 and 2 to get hooked together but I dont find any editor that allows to do this. i tried setting connexions in the audio midi setup window to have both ports connect to both devices (port 1 connected to AXE FX and FCB and port 2 connected) but it doesnt work. There's gotta be a way to do it but i dont know ! :evil:
There seems to be a lot of very MIDI knowledgeable folks on the forum, I hope someone can help me
Thanks
Philippe

Hi,
Thanks for your answer
I guess what you implicitely say is that what I want to do is merge two midi signals. I did not find any real documentation on the midi express 128 software editor for the midi configuration.
Two more questions if i may :
- adding a external midi merge box would solve my problem ?
- do you think that this way of cabling would work :

midi interface out to FCB in
FCB out to AXE in
AXE out to midi interface in

Thanks !
the quest for the perfect tone sometimes takes you to weird zones :)

Back
Top Bottom