Computer to powered speakers

rtcook

Experienced
Need some help making this connection. To make a long story short my old desktop with a high quality sound card took a crap and I bought an all in one computer to replace it since I didn't want to build a whole new system. I thought I could just hook up my M Audio powered sub and speakers to the headphone jack (no speaker out jack) but the sound quality is not as good as my old sound card. Plus, there is some kind of interference as well. I hear the hard drive etc. The all in one has several USB ports and HDMI out as well. What adapter would work the best for me? M Audio has a USB adapter but it shows its for headphones. Not sure if that will work. Looking for some advice/help for the best sounding connection.

Thanks,

Roger

You can use the Axe-Fx as your USB audio interface. Output 1 Left and Right to the monitors.

Hey Moke! Yes I know that. Have my EV Live monitors hooked up to that and it works fine. This is my other PC and I want to get good sound out of it with my M Audio sub and speakers.

Bought a M-Audio Super DAC. Wow. What a difference. Thanks for all the pointers. Back in business and sounds better than before.

Back
Top Bottom