Compressor on with Modifier

Jerry K.

Experienced
I have my Wah set to auto engage when I press down on my expression pedal. Is there a way to also make the compressor come on at the same time?

In the axe fx you can assign the same modifier to more then 1 thing, so you should be able to use the same modifier # as you use for your wah for any thing else that you want to, but I do not have an fx-8 so I am simply guessing you can also.

Do you use the edit? do you see a symbol that looks like this -{}- in the edit or the fx-8 display while in edit mode ? in the axe fx this symbol marks the functions you can attach a modifier to.

What about BYPASS? if not you can turn it on and off by the threshold, or the ratio. Page 53 of the manual discusses modifiers.

Assign the pedal to any modifiable compressor parameter other than bypass. Use the same autoengage setting as the wah block. Set MIN and MAX both to the desired (fixed) value for this parameter. Now you have auto-engage without modifying any parameter values.

Unlike a bypass modifier, this ensures the compressor switching will be perfectly synced with the wah.

Back
Top Bottom