Compressor doesn't see a signal? Maybe input setting not right?

Hello. I definitely am getting sound out of my FRFR speakers, but when I go to the compressor block, the little yellow ball doesn't move no matter what setttings I use. It's as if it's not seeing any signal. I can put the threshold as low as I want and it doesn't seem to see a signal.

Also, another possible issue? When I click on the input block, the gain is almost always very close to -0.0db. I don't know if that's supposed to be that way. Any help would be appreciated! Preset is attached.

Attachments

• Bassman_Crunch_Problem.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Your Sidechain source is set to "Row 5". You have nothing on row 5 in the grid. Set it to one of the "Block" or "Input" options.

From p. 27 in the Blocks Guide:

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.42.18 AM.png

Reactions: Rex
Thanks! What would be a normal setting for a compressor when you don't even use a sidechain? Block L&R or Input 1?
Also, does my Input section look right?

Thanks! What would be a normal setting for a compressor when you don't even use a sidechain? Block L&R or Input 1?
Also, does my Input section look right?
Read what the guide excerpt above says regarding the normal input.

P. 5 in the FM9 manual talks about the input setting.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 10.49.17 AM.png

0 dB is acceptable, though you don't want to make the signal too hot. Digital clipping won't hurt the modeler, but it will sound bad, and it could cause problems with speakers.

When I click on the input block, the gain is almost always very close to -0.0db. I don't know if that's supposed to be that way. Any help would be appreciated! Preset is attached.
The Input block has a noise gate. The Gain meter tells you how much the gain is being reduced by the gate. When the meter reads 0 dB, that means the gate is wide open.

Back
Top Bottom