Compression......

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, someone teach me how to use the Compressor block on the AX8. I have never really been a compressor fan, but lately I have been wanting to add one to my chain just to help level the sound when I am playing ambient type stuff. I want something that is just going to level the output of my picking/strumming without driving the amp any harder. It seems like everytime I try to use one, I end up driving my amp more.......which I don't want to do, but to be honest...I've never toyed with a compressor so I am lost as to what settings I need to be adjusting and which compressor model I should be using.

Can anyone here give me a tutorial and demo on how to properly dial in and use the compressor block for what I am wanting to achieve. I am big enough that I can admit that I know nothing about Compressors!!!

Ok, someone teach me how to use the Compressor block on the AX8. I have never really been a compressor fan, but lately I have been wanting to add one to my chain just to help level the sound when I am playing ambient type stuff. I want something that is just going to level the output of my picking/strumming without driving the amp any harder. It seems like everytime I try to use one, I end up driving my amp more.......which I don't want to do, but to be honest...I've never toyed with a compressor so I am lost as to what settings I need to be adjusting and which compressor model I should be using.

Can anyone here give me a tutorial and demo on how to properly dial in and use the compressor block for what I am wanting to achieve. I am big enough that I can admit that I know nothing about Compressors!!!

Try the Output Compressor in the Amp block. I mainly use it when I want to turn down the volume on my guitar to get a clean tone without lowering the output volume. Depending on the amp model I'll set it anywhere from 0 - 2. Be aware that when you turn the knob above 0 it will cost you some extra CPU.

Back
Top Bottom