Complete resetting: back to original presets

cheopsnet

Inspired
Hi,

Just wondering if it is possible / how to COMPLETELY reset the Axe Fx ultra? Any button I can press to delete all my patches and go back to original settings and patches?

I know it is probably possible through the Axe editor software, but I just have the Axe FX and an Atomic FR, no connection to a computer. So I am looking for a total reset using only the buttons on the axe fx unit.

THANKS!

Cheops

There is no reset.
You need to upload the "Factory Banks", they will over write whatever is there now.

Hmm.... Netbook?... you can find them under $200

:idea:

Manual:

To reset all the factory parameter in your Axe-Fx select this page (Utility menu, use Page) and press ENTER. This will reset the Global parameters, the MIDI configuration, Continuous Controller setup and Pedal configuration. This will not clear or otherwise alter any preset information.

So, the only way for me to get back to the set of presets is to do it through the axe editor/computer?

I am disappointed because, for some reason, I have had SUCH a hard time doing any sort of update through the computer: I purchased exactly the things that were supposed to work (using feedback from this forum): Midisport 2x2 anniversary, Mbox audio mini using my MacBook laptop. And the connection as established once (and I am not even sure I actually was doing it 100% correctly)..

Well, I guess until this only flaw of user-friendliness gets improved by Fractal, I will have to try again...

Thanks!

cheopsnet said:
So, the only way for me to get back to the set of presets is to do it through the axe editor/computer?

I am disappointed because, for some reason, I have had SUCH a hard time doing any sort of update through the computer: I purchased exactly the things that were supposed to work (using feedback from this forum): Midisport 2x2 anniversary, Mbox audio mini using my MacBook laptop. And the connection as established once (and I am not even sure I actually was doing it 100% correctly)..

Well, I guess until this only flaw of user-friendliness gets improved by Fractal, I will have to try again...

Thanks!

With that equipment it was VERY likely user error to blame..you should have stuck with it and got it sorted, i use the Macbook pro, M-Audio 2x2 Apogee duet, and though i initially had teething problems, it was always down to user error! Get yourself set up again and ask for help if you need it..you really cant go very far without it..control, updates, ext.

I think with firmware updates it's hard to reset the presets because sometimes new presets come out specifically designed for new parameters in the new firmware. Just a guess. The Axe is constantly evolving with firmware updates which is cool and very unique if you ask me.

cheopsnet said:

Thanks!

That and USB is my only Axe Fx wish. Not having a complete reset setting and not making it usb is something I will never understand.

cheopsnet said:

Thanks!

I've been using the Midisport 2X2 Anniversary for over a year. Never an issue, never mind just noticed your using a MAc.

The big trick to using Axe-Edit on a Mac is getting the Java MIDI libraries. I believe the info is in the Wiki.

aleclee said:
The big trick to using Axe-Edit on a Mac is getting the Java MIDI libraries. I believe the info is in the Wiki.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the old editor? I have not installed any Java MIDI libraries and Axe Edit works for me on Mac.

I've been using the Midisport 2X2 Anniversary since March of 2010. Never an issue, using a new 13" MacBook.

Back
Top Bottom