Compact stand option, working GREAT!

Rick

Axe-Master
My wife remembered my talking about wanting a cleaner and more compact stand option for my rig. She purchased a stand we'd looked at as a Christmas present, and I got to try it onstage this weekend. It worked GREAT, and I wanted to pass it on here. The stand is made by Quik Lok, part number WS-540.
View attachment 14354
This is my whole amp setup. The green case holds my MFC 101, two expression pedals, assorted midi and CAT5 cables, and power supplies. The stand is on top. As you can see, it folds down flat when not in use, very handy! All four legs open independently by pivoting on the rings on each end.
Cased Under.JPG
Set up, you can see the adjustable legs are perfect for spanning whatever monitor you might be using. I normally set my rig up to my left so I can see it from the stage for tuning, etc. In this setup, I can set the RCF NX12SMA in either angle orientation depending on where I need to point it. Because the case now sits flat (my old stand angled the face up) I can put things on top of it instead of on the floor. Because it does sit flat, if the stage is a little bigger, I can also turn the speaker on end and put it on top. Raising the height (each leg is height adjustable over about 8 inches) will put me right in the RCF's sweet spot.

It worked out perfectly; small footprint, place to sit capos and such, sturdy (holds up to 300 pounds), breaks down quickly, stores in a small space. It's a keeper!

It does have a bit of that look. lol I should put some tennis balls on the feet and tell people I knocked over a med supply store for it!

It looks a lot like a smaller version of my keyboard players stand. The other day during tear down I used his stand as a walker and had the staff in stitches...

Hey Rick
Which rcf cover is that? I need to order one ASAP.

@ Bolt
I got it from Audiopyle when I ordered it. I think it is actually the factory one, as it has RCF stitched into the cover. It's heavy duty, has a zip opening for the handle, and even an opening on the other end so you can put it on a pole without taking the cover off. The part that covers the front zips completely open and velcros to the back so you can use it in the case in whatever orientation you need to put it. Nice cover, a tad over $100 if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom