Coming from Axe Fx III, what would I really miss?

AF3 mkII vs FM9 has:

Global presets
IR capture
Tone matching
1024 presets (vs 512)
4 delay blocks (vs 2)
4 drive blocks (vs 3)
Better pitch shifting (at the moment)
More I/O with In 4 / Out 4
FM9 has switchable soft MIDI Thru and can use switches plugged into its pedal 1-3 jacks as stand-in switches, both of which the FX3 is not capable of....

Why did they leave out global blocks? That is really only one I’m bummed about. I can deal with everything else.

Why did they leave out global blocks? That is really only one I’m bummed about. I can deal with everything else.
Remember that those were added to the Axe Fx III later as well. They were not there in the beginning.

I don't know the answer and never understood why it took a while to get to the Axe Fx III since it was in the II, and why they haven't made it to the FM3 yet.

I suppose there's got to be some technical complexity or performance behavior that makes it hard to implement.

Remember that those were added to the Axe Fx III later as well. They were not there in the beginning.

I don't know the answer and never understood why it took a while to get to the Axe Fx III since it was in the II, and why they haven't made it to the FM3 yet.

I suppose there's got to be some technical complexity or performance behavior that makes it hard to implement.
Something needs to be titrated, soldered or voodoo'd on, is my best guess.

Back
Top Bottom