CLR Wedges as FOH PA

rickgk

Experienced
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using 2 x CLR active wedges on stands for Front of House PA duties?

I'm thinking of buying a second one to use for the whole band (guitar, bass, electric drumkit, and 3 vocals) as front of house and use in ears for monitoring.
Is anyone else currently doing this?

We mainly play small to medium size pubs/clubs so say around 500 people

I would probably buy a subwoofer as well to get that oomph for the kick drum and bass guitar.

Thoughts?

Wifey & I used three (3) active wedge CLR's last weekend for FOH PA on frankenstands and floor monitor.
Worked like a charm.
Great tones, recorded music sounded great and our live guitar & vocals performance sounded wonderful.
All my live patches sound rich and full.
Compliments from promoter and audience on sound quality.

So far, I am loving my CLR's.
I've been stress testing them all week with my AxeFx.
At this point I'm more concerned with my hands soreness than I am with anything with the CLR's.

Reactions: sam
Thanks I'll check that thread out. Much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Hi guys - when you used the CLR as FOH - did you use a subwoofer in addition or did the CLRs manage to produce enough lows for the bass and kick?

I would think a sub would be a good idea if only to take a bit of pressure off the clr

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Hi guys - when you used the CLR as FOH - did you use a subwoofer in addition or did the CLRs manage to produce enough lows for the bass and kick?

If you want a kick with a thump, yes you need a sub.

Same goes for any 12" speaker on a pole.

I set my new CLR active wedges up on poles in the band rehearsal studio (formerly the living room). They sit on top of two 12 inch subs turned way down cuz the CLRs don't need a whole lot of help. Every day I play different music from my iPod and I can't believe how big the sweet spot is. I've never experienced speakers that sound this amazing anywhere in the room! I'm hearing things I never heard before from the recordings. We'll be using them for an unplugged gig in a wine bar on the 27th... can't wait! For small to medium venues these speakers will sound WAY better than anything in their price range. Thanks Tom for turning Jay's wizardry into our reality!

Back
Top Bottom