CLR Cabinet Case

Qrious

I recently purchased a CLR cabinet and I was curious as to whether anyone is using a rolling case as a means of transport.

If so, can you recommend some options?

Here is an oustanding, cheap-ish option:

Go on Craig's List....but a cheap 8 space rack case that is somewhat deep. (can commonly be found for $50)
Take the rack rails out.
Put it on it's back, and a CLR cab will slide right in.....with space for foam around the sides.
Put wheels on the bottom if you'd like (which will actually be the back cover).
Wheel it in, pop the front cover off (which is on top), slide out your CLR.

Here is an oustanding, cheap-ish option:

Go on Craig's List....but a cheap 8 space rack case that is somewhat deep. (can commonly be found for $50)
Take the rack rails out.
Put it on it's back, and a CLR cab will slide right in.....with space for foam around the sides.
Put wheels on the bottom if you'd like (which will actually be the back cover).
Wheel it in, pop the front cover off (which is on top), slide out your CLR.
interesting! Can you post some pics?

I bought a dj case and took out the rackrails.
It is a case from Power Dynamics.
But i don't know if it is for sale in US.
But there are more companies who make case like this.
I just searched for a case with the right dimensions and with just a lid.
I don't want to take out any speakers, to much work and damage to the CLR.
But i did want a case to just sit around the CLR, so no high sides that will influence the sound.
that is why i did not buy just a rack case, this has high sides for a wedge.
You can put the CLR on the back-lid and take of the cloche / dish-cover ( or whatever you call it in English )

PD-F 4U - 6U - 2U DJ System Case 19" | Tronios

Check the link above, this case fits like a glove, it is a cheap case, but it is not bad for the money.
I did make a metal bar on front of the CLR, that way it never slides out, and it keeps the case nice parallel so the lid will fit, and stay that way.
I can leave my cables in, there is a little door at the back for power on/off the CLR and ajusting the volumeknobs.

zubupape.jpg
5u3u7yqe.jpg
7aqe6avu.jpg
u5ydybub.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
8 Space rack....minus the rack rails.....
Extra deep case means you can put a pedal board on top and put the cover on....OR, you can make the cover your pedal board.

Attachments

• 0508142039ab.jpg
    0508142039ab.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0508142039b.jpg
    0508142039b.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 0508142039c.jpg
    0508142039c.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 39
I bought a dj case and took out the rackrails.
It is a case from Power Dynamics. (...)

Woah, nice work.

The case on top is over the top (for my taste), but I like that "CLR-In-A-Box".

Woah, nice work.

Yes, besides that it is over the top ( matter convenience in my case ) it doesn't work either with my band.
Because of the microphonic issue with the axefx.

Woah, nice work.

Agreed, I like the CLR in a box as well.

One other idea I have, and am just waiting for the right case to pop up on Craig's List:
- 10 space rack (shallow...prob 12")
- Put the CLR in the case so it is facing out (just like rack gear would be).
- Permanently mount/secure with foam and/or screw it to the rack case by reusing the holes from the CLR feet or handle on top.
- I would want the face of the CLR to be stick out of the front of the rack about a half inch so the CLR would not reflect off the rack case (that is the only thing I don't love about the mixer case design above).

- Get to a gig, pop off the rack covers.....CLR in a live in road case.
- I think this could be done with a XiTone as well.....maybe an RCF, but you'd have to get creative with the inputs on the RCF, because they're on the side.

Agreed, I like the CLR in a box as well.

One other idea I have, and am just waiting for the right case to pop up on Craig's List:
- 10 space rack (shallow...prob 12")
- Put the CLR in the case so it is facing out (just like rack gear would be).
- Permanently mount/secure with foam and/or screw it to the rack case by reusing the holes from the CLR feet or handle on top.
- I would want the face of the CLR to be stick out of the front of the rack about a half inch so the CLR would not reflect off the rack case (that is the only thing I don't love about the mixer case design above).

- Get to a gig, pop off the rack covers.....CLR in a live in road case.
- I think this could be done with a XiTone as well.....maybe an RCF, but you'd have to get creative with the inputs on the RCF, because they're on the side.

I have tought of many possibilities and your idea was one of them.
But i am afraid that you add some mid/low tones when you have half a rack resonating with the CLR.
And the whole set would be even bigger then it already is. Too big for me.

My rack does not reflect any tones by the way, because it is sticking out of the rack. There is only that little part from the case to hold the CLR in place with the bar.
The rest is sticking out, and on the back there is only 5 centimeters of space.

But everybody does it in its own creative way
And what ever works is the right way i guess!

I have tought of many possibilities and your idea was one of them.
But i am afraid that you add some mid/low tones when you have half a rack resonating with the CLR.
And the whole set would be even bigger then it already is. Too big for me.

My rack does not reflect any tones by the way, because it is sticking out of the rack. There is only that little part from the case to hold the CLR in place with the bar.
The rest is sticking out, and on the back there is only 5 centimeters of space.

But everybody does it in its own creative way 
And what ever works is the right way i guess!

Glad to hear that your rack doesn't reflect any tones, that's very cool.
I would expect that if your rig doesn't add any mid/low tones, that a rack 'around' the CLR would not either?
Especially if the CLR was surrounded by foam to minimize the vibration from carrying from the CLR to the rack.
When I come across a shallow 10 space, I will certainly try and let everyone know how it works....

Glad to hear that your rack doesn't reflect any tones, that's very cool.
I would expect that if your rig doesn't add any mid/low tones, that a rack 'around' the CLR would not either?
Especially if the CLR was surrounded by foam to minimize the vibration from carrying from the CLR to the rack.
When I come across a shallow 10 space, I will certainly try and let everyone know how it works....

I don't know it for sure ofcourse, it is only a guess. But i expect that when you add more air and wood behind the speaker you create a kind of resonance-box.

But you could give it a try.

I don't know it for sure ofcourse, it is only a guess. But i expect that when you add more air and wood behind the speaker you create a kind of resonance-box.

But you could give it a try.

Ah, I see what you're getting at.

I should have been clearer. I would also take the back cover off the rack case (to get to the controls). So the case would just be around the sides and top.

That being said - I've had live in cases for 4x12 cabs in the past (which did not have a removable back) and I didn't notice any change in tone.

I actually think if you are not experiencing any overtones in your rig, then that's a good sign (as you have a lot of the surface area covered with your case).

I like your design....and it's making me think a bit about building a home rig like that.

8 Space rack....minus the rack rails.....
Extra deep case means you can put a pedal board on top and put the cover on....OR, you can make the cover your pedal board.

This is very similar with what I've done, I had a big long buy low utility flight case, that I fitted some customised foam in, now my 3 active wedge CLRs fits perfectly in there and are very well secured.
Cheap solution since I already had the case.

Back
Top Bottom