CLR as a PA -- Wow

Tommy Tequila

Experienced
I used my 2 CLR cabs as the PA for a birthday party/jam last weekend, and wow -- these things really are versatile (and great.) Stuck them up on a couple of poles and selected the free-field option.

Everything was run direct through them. Two guitars (Ultra and II), keyboards, bass, 3-4 vocalists and a set of V-drums through a Presonus 16.0.2 board. Every single person there raved about how good/clean the sound was. I was recording some of it direct from the board (using Capture) and on playback everything sounded exactly the same.

Excellent job, Tom and Jay!

TT

Good to know Tommy.
I run a full band mix through my RCF so if I go the CLR route I'll be doing the same.

Coolio

I used my 2 CLR cabs as the PA for a birthday party/jam last weekend, and wow -- these things really are versatile (and great.) Stuck them up on a couple of poles and selected the free-field option.

Everything was run direct through them. Two guitars (Ultra and II), keyboards, bass, 3-4 vocalists and a set of V-drums through a Presonus 16.0.2 board. Every single person there raved about how good/clean the sound was. I was recording some of it direct from the board (using Capture) and on playback everything sounded exactly the same.

Excellent job, Tom and Jay!

TT
Thanks Tommy! While were not focused on this market presently, the CLR is, indeed, very well suited for these duties. Any pics? I'd love to see the setup.

-TK

Last edited:
Tom -- Sorry, no pics. Everyone was having too much fun.:)

Others -- No subs, we were not blasting THAT loud. Playback of the recordings were through some Alesis studio monitors, NS-10's w/sub and the CLR cabs. The CLR sounded best, IMO.

I think a pair of CLR would absolutely kill for acoustic/coffee house/small bar gigs.

TT

Back
Top Bottom