Cloning a TC1210: Anybody ever own one?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi!

I'm trying to clone the TC1210 in the Axe, and I'm trying to get my head around how the TC1210 works, so if any of you guys who have one, or have had one could help me, that would be great :)

I'm assuming we're in chorus mode, and it's mono in through input 1, and stereo out through output 1 and 2. Also, none of the 4 buttons in the middle of the unit are active (in all the rig pics I've seen, they've been off).

1. If running only one side of the unit (in other words, only 1 chorus active), is the chorus that comes out in true stereo (meaning, the chorus effect out of the left and right outputs are different from each other), or is it just dual mono output?

2. If the chorus out of output 1 and 2 are different from each other in this scenario, in what way are they different? I assume it's a LFO phase shift, would anyone know if it's 90 or 180 degrees?

3. If we activate the other chorus (so both sides are on), does this just add another chorus on top of the first one, or is it more complicated that that (like, do they interact with each other in anyway)?

I would really appreciate any help at all regarding this matter :)

Cheers!

I consider myself lucky to have heard one from a friend once (who doesn't have it anymore), but I didn't fully realize how special it was at the time, even though I sure knew it was an important "LA piece" :D

As a *bump*, I've posted this gathered info before, so you probably have it and it is more general anyway...

[TC 1210] Cliff 5/2007: To duplicate a TC1210 use the LFO Phase in the chorus block. This offsets the LFO so that the delay of one channel is decreasing while the other is increasing and vice-versa. You can also use the enhancer to increase the delay offset.

- Phil B 2007: Is there any way to properly emulate the TC1210 chorus? It has 2 independant analog choruses and it's just very, very warm.
>> javajunkie [hasn't heard one]: One of the reasons for the Ultra's Quad chorus. Try playing w/ the LFP phase that would help get the stereo imaging effects of the TC.
>> Phil B: Just running 2 choruses will still not sound like the TC unit. When I used to use a mono rig, I would only run one side cause you can completely shut down the other side. The chorus on the Axefx to me sounds a lot like the one I had on an old Lexicon unit. Nothing wrong with it, but it just doesnt sound like the 1210.
>> javajunkie: This might help: if you want a richer sound with one chorus and are using stereo, select the phase reverse. You can also set your LFO phase to 180 deg. Try either or both. Mess w/ adjusting the delay time in the advanced menu, this can change the character of the chorus. The big thing you can do to warm up the sound is alter the bass and treble frequencies and add/cut them as well. You can try cutting some of the treble down to make the effect less bright. You might want to try and drop the bass freq down (try 200Hz - see what happens) and give it a little boost. That might warm things up. The delay time values on the 1210 seem to be between .65 to 12 ms. Try values w/in that range on the Axe-fx. The sweep rates appear to be about the same. [gen.] You really only need to mess with a few settings. Rate - the speed at which the chorus modulates, depth - how much detune modulation you get (down for subtle - up for whacky), mix - how much original signal and modulated signal you get (50% will make the effect most pronounced - cut back for more subtley), and voices - increasing the voices will thicken the chorus effect.

Best of Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom