Clips of Guthrie using Axe-FX II

Was it used for all guitars? Rhythm and Lead?

Either way that's pretty cool news!

Dave

AdamCook said:
There's no secret magic formula in his patches. He said they're "mildly tweaked" factory presets based on Friedman BE and Plexi.

It sounds amazing because Guthrie is amazing.

I say this all the time. Being a better guitar player makes everything sound better. Guthrie is one of the best!

Cool! When I attended a masterclass with Guthrie in Norway, I think he said he wasn't so into gear and tech stuff. Guess he changed his mind :)

I think it's very practical for him, just to carry the Axe around the world, than pedals and stuff...

OK-My AxeII sounds nothing like that :) So nice to know what it can sound like in the hands of someone like him. Can't wait for the rest of the crowd. His playing and heart make up much, but still, that is what the Axe II soudns like, so why I am typing instead of playing I have no idea-Guy is a killer player-no doubts
EDIT: to say their are many excellent players on this forum also. IMHO. OK-some of them are stars or at least recording musicians-but they are here

busy as always - frickin' awesome as always :D

I really like the tones he's getting from the Axe-FX II better than his previous amp tones, which I find a bit "furry" for my tastes. But what would I know?

His solo album EROTIC CAKES is AMAZING! He is hands down, for me, the most tasteful "notey" player around. He can play anything and just make it sound both different and quirky, yet smooth and fit perfect. VERY hard to do if you ask me.....

There's no secret magic formula in his patches. He said they're "mildly tweaked" factory presets based on Friedman BE and Plexi.

It sounds amazing because Guthrie is amazing.

The Axe Fx II is fantastic ..... but the right equipment do not all ....

Thank you for the video ....:)

OK-My AxeII sounds nothing like that :) So nice to know what it can sound like in the hands of someone like him.

I think that this really shows just how organic the Axe-Fx II is. With analogue equipment, it doesn't matter how good your settings or effects are, if you put crap in you get crap out. Likewise, if you put an exceptional tone in you can get an exceptional tone out. So, keep in mind that if the tone isn't great it may not be the system, but the player which can be a good thing. It gives us the opportunity to improve, so we can all become better musicians.

I know that I've been spoiled in the past by digital systems which compress the hell out my guitar sound and makes me sound like my playing is better than it really is. Using the Axe-Fx to target this issue, I've become less dependent on gain for good tone.

P.S.: It's nice to see Guthrie using the Axe-Fx. One of my all time favourite players and a really nice guy.

Last edited:
If I cut off his arms and sewed them onto my body, would I be able to play like that or would I need to take his brain too? This may be more complicated than I originally thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom