Clips of Guthrie using Axe-FX II

Guthrie will always sound amazing whatever he plays though, but I agree that the AFX is a great match for his finesse! I met him at Namm - amazingly he was playing a Cornford amp *all by himself* in a forsaken corner of the Anaheim Convention Center. I walked up and said 'Are you the guy I've seen on all those YouTube videos?' He said 'probably', with a very humble smile - we talked for about ten minutes uninterrupted, as he was playing *ridiculous* licks in the background without breaking a sweat. I left feeling like I had been in the presence of a modern guitar prodigy, and yet he was truly a nice, humble man! Keep it up Guthrie.... you're making us all proud!!!

Cool.

I never heard Guthrie play live through Cornford in person. When I mentioned I thought his tone was "as bright or brighter" I was referring to the Suhr Badger compared to the Axe-FX II.

Hi Adam,

OK. That makes sense. I was just curious if you had heard his (old) Cornford sound in person (now I know that you have not.)...Fwiw, his latest JTC-recordings (with his Axe-FX II) sound BETTER than his old Cornford sound (IMO) since (again!) his high-end is NOT as "spikey."

Guthrie is a ridiculously amazing player!

Btw! I'd love to see Guthrie on a G3 tour wiith Satch and Vai, but I have a funny feeling THEY wouldn't want to see that too much - LOL!

Bill

Hi Guys,
Guthrie contacted us recently to let us know he used his Axe-FX II to record these tracks for jamtrackcentral.com.

Also, support Guthrie and buy the awesome transcriptions and backing tracks!

-Adam

Hey Adam was he playing that direct or into a power amp/cabinet?

That stuff was recorded direct.

He is getting (or has already gotten?) hooked up with a power-amp/cab setup to go with his Axe-FX II but at the time those recordings were done it was just Axe-FX II.

Guthrie is one of the most naturally gifted guitarists I have ever beheld, and I have been fortunate enough to have heard many of the greatest 'up close and personal' - this man is *exceptional*, and a true inspiration!

I just bought "The Aristocrats" the other day. Was listening to it earlier today and was really digging it. What impresses me most about Guthrie G is his sense of time. The dude can swing like a mofo, in addition to shred. He's such a well-rounded player, it's scary.

Guthrie Govan is my kind of guitar hero

Guthrie Govan is my kind of guitar hero - very few words, but SO much expression and command of the instrument!

Guthrie Govan is my kind of guitar hero - very few words, but SO much expression and command of the instrument!

If you mean that literally, I find him to be quite articulate, which is very refreshing coming from a musician. Paul Gilbert is another guy who comes to mind. Both are very smart dudes. They have a lot of insight into their playing, which comes through when they teach--or anytime they open their mouths in general. Again, a rarity.

Back
Top Bottom