Clipping Question when Running the FM3 into the front OR into the FX Return of an Amp

vika12

Experienced
I've been running the FM3 into the front of a Quilter Tone Block 202 amp set to its FRFR voice setting. I keep amp and cab modelling ON and the FM3 is set to +4db. At a recent gig, I decided to try running the FM3 into the FX Return of the Tone Block. As the gig progressed, I was unable to get sufficient volume through the FX return - even by maxing out the OUT 2 volume knob on the FM3 and the Master on the amp (amp is 200 W). This was not an issue when I ran the FM3 into the front. My question is: Can I increase volume in my presets to obtain more volume without clipping? Thanks.

I’d suggest using the built-in preset leveling tool to see where your presets are. You might be able to increase the volume internally, but I wouldn‘t venture too far into the red. I try to keep all my presets just barely into the red, with peaks that don’t dime the meter fully.

It sounds like you might just need a more powerful amp if you want the same tone but without added clipping.

Back
Top Bottom