Clip-on Tuner Recommendation

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Any recommendations on an acoustic clip-on tuner? There's seems to be quite a few to choose from and the reviews are all over the map.

Thanks!

Any recommendations on an acoustic clip-on tuner? There's seems to be quite a few to choose from and the reviews are all over the map.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Lots to choose from but I like the Boss TU10.. works great and reads accurately in my opinion… good luck!

Thanks!

Did you have issues with it holding a charge?

"PRS offer a replacement for these if you have issues. Apparently the initial run had issues with holding charge. This has been fixed.
Posted by Dave on Feb 9, 2022"

https://www.long-mcquade.com/217063/Guitars/Tuners/Paul-Reed-Smith/Clip-On-Headstock-Tuner.htm
No issues. Had it for over a year now.

Sourcing those little, @#$ing watch batteries for your headstock tuner when it's dead is a PIA. Rechargeable all the way.

Mine was $26 in the USA.

I use TC Electronics’ Polytune Clip mostly. I also have Peterson’s Stroboclip HD tuners which also work well, though the ability to strum the guitar and see all the strings at once wins out.

The Polytune Clip is also less fussy when attaching it.

I tried the Snark tuners and they were inexpensive but horribly inaccurate and I quit trusting them. Peterson’s original Stroboclip, the chrome one, eats batteries, and is kinda fragile, but it’s accurate.

I ran some tests on the tuners in Fractal’s current generation, and they’re very accurate, and the current firmware makes them a pleasure to use.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the suggestions!

I have a Boss TU-80 and it has a flat tuning setting/indicator, which lowers the actual pitch (ie. 1/2 step, etc) of all notes below the regular tuning. Do the clip-on tuners have a similar feature as well?

Last edited:
Appreciate all the suggestions!

I have a Korg TU-80 and it has a flat tuning setting/indicator, which lowers the actual pitch (ie. 1/2 step, etc) of all notes below the regular tuning. Do the clip-on tuners have a similar feature as well?
That’s very common. I’m sure if you looked hard you could find one without it.

That’s very common. I’m sure if you looked hard you could find one without it.
I meant to say Boss not Korg. I have no music theory knowledge whatsoever, so I like that feature. To tune down 1/2 step, I set it so the little b indicator comes on and then I just tune it with the same letters as standard tuning. lol.

I have a handful of Polytune Clip's all over the house.To me those were the best ones I could find, bought a 2 pack of snarks and threw them out a week later utter garbage. I also have a few of the small planet waves Headtock tuners but always had trouble finding a spot on my PRS Headstock where it would fit.

I've had a really great experience with my Snark.

I know we REALLY LOVE to spend money, but my Snark is a year old and is pretty much dead on with my Axe tuner(s) and my trusty Korg DT-1 Pro.

Maybe I got lucky.

Have the TC PolyTune Clip and the Peterson StroboClip HD

Which is better ??? Hard to choose, best way to put it.

If at home will grab which ever is in front of me. If going to a music store will bring the PolyTune Clip.
If I want to check intonation will go for the StroboClip

Back
Top Bottom