Cliff, Pickup feedback problem you answered

indeloon85

Inspired
Hey,

Ive been trying to find a similar question that was asked and I remember Cliff answered it, but I cannot seem to find it. Either if Cliff or someone else can answer, please do!

My problem is that I'm playing a guitar that seems to have this little chirping sound when I stop playing. NOT the wanted chirping sound when you're playing, but the quick little "feedback" type sound, which I believe is cause by the pickups. Also, this doesn't happen to any other guitar thru my AXE FX, just this one. Cliff, you had explained it before, maybe a couple months ago, and I can't find your answer. What would cause this?

Thank you for your help!

Cliff, you had explained it before, maybe a couple months ago, and I can't find your answer. What would cause this?

I'll give the Cliff-anator time to respond but I believe in the specific case it was either due to a signal chain issue or a mis-wired ground on a specific guitar.

NOTE: It'd be incredibly helpful if you added a bit more detail including a recording of the chirp, a screenshot of the preset signal chain or even the details on what guitar was used etc. etc. This helps forum members eliminate other variables ahead of time.

I'll give the Cliff-anator time to respond but I believe in the specific case it was either due to a signal chain issue or a mis-wired ground on a specific guitar.

NOTE: It'd be incredibly helpful if you added a bit more detail including a recording of the chirp, a screenshot of the preset signal chain or even the details on what guitar was used etc. etc. This helps forum members eliminate other variables ahead of time.

Ya, I think he had mentioned it has something to do with a mis-wired ground or something. That sounds more in the ballpark from what I remember. Thank you for the heads up!

I will try in a little bit to record a quick snippet of what I'm experiencing.

Hey! Thanks for searching that out! I did come across this post when I was searching for it, and I don't believe this is the one. I think this one was the more recent one. Cliff gave a discription of a type of wiring that may have been done wrong on the pickups.

Also, for clarification, this happens with Headphones as well. This doesn't just occur with direct monitors, so I know it's not related to the feedback between monitors and pickups. I'll upload something soon! Thanks again!

Alright, Scratch this post. No need to reply. I actually JUST figured out what the damn ringing was. Now I feel dumb haha!. It was the strings just about the nut of the guitar. No matter what I did to mute the strings on the neck or pickups, the ringing kept going. Now I've realized its the string length between the nut and the tuners thats ringing. Wow, you'd think I hadn't been playing for more than 6 months or something!

I put a piece of silcone tubing from home depot under the headstock strings. I cut a small piece in half the long way and spread it flat beneath them. And because the tube wants to curl up it puts a little pressure against the strings deadening them completely.

Back
Top Bottom