Cliff, I am in love with the Axe3, and Austin Buddy is the best!

I just wanted to gush a bit and to thank both Cliff, and Austin Buddy for their help with my rig.

Like many people who tour with travel budgets being tight, the Axe3 is the answer for what I am doing live.
I have never been into using multiple amp models in a modeling rig.
We have hit on the magic for what i do and I could not be happier.
My rig that I have found that I can do my whole set on and be insanely happy is the following signal path.
Clyde wah
Bender fuzz
Treble Booster
Optical compressor
Klon
Mono tape delay
Wrecker express on the left through a 4x12 with cream backs and a 2-12 Class a cab
Wrecker Rocket on the right through a 2x12 class a and a 4x12 pre rola with a 57
Rotary
Studio compressor
2290 delay
Dual detune
Large plate and stereo out.

Cliff, who knows I am Wreck kinda guy has NAILED that touch sensitivity 100%. I honestly never thought I would use this rig for anything but effects but I am now considering a couple of full range cabs for live and this, and that is all.

Austin Buddy is amazing and a wealth of info and has been such a help in the process. Guys, what powered full range cabs are you using? Any input would be greatly appreciated. LK

Guys,

@FractalAudio

Last edited:
I would think you were gonna use your own amp (design)...? ;)

I sometimes still think of the videos you made with it many years ago, and the (to me) unique and desirable sound coming from you. I have no idea if that sound is in the Axe or not...

Fun to hear you are so satisfied.

Last edited:
Good to see more pros realizing what the FAS systems can do.

Anyone who drags around analog gear these days is missing the boat imo. Pointless.

They really have built an amazing product that keeps improving almost every week with consistent firmware refinements.

It's not just about what the listener is hearing either - though it may be with other platforms - FAS is built for the player. The feel, the response to guitar volume and dynamics - it's an incredible level of detail.

I just wanted to gush a bit and to thank both Cliff, and Austin Buddy for their help with my rig.

Like many people who tour with travel budgets being tight, the Axe3 is the answer for what I am doing live.
I have never been into using multiple amp models in a modeling rig.
We have hit on the magic for what i do and I could not be happier.
My rig that I have found that I can do my whole set on and be insanely happy is the following signal path.
Clyde wah
Bender fuzz
Treble Booster
Optical compressor
Klon
Mono tape delay
Wrecker express on the left through a 4x12 with cream backs and a 2-12 Class a cab
Wrecker Rocket on the right through a 2x12 class a and a 4x12 pre rola with a 57
Rotary
Studio compressor
2290 delay
Dual detune
Large plate and stereo out.

Cliff, who knows I am Wreck kinda guy has NAILED that touch sensitivity 100%. I honestly never thought I would use this rig for anything but effects but I am now considering a couple of full range cabs for live and this, and that is all.

Austin Buddy is amazing and a wealth of info and has been such a help in the process. Guys, what powered full range cabs are you using? Any input would be greatly appreciated. LK

Guys,
I follow your channel for a few years now, always liked your style and guitar and amp choices, nice to see that the AXE works for you!!

I'm not surprised at all that the amp modeling is working for you, but it's gotta be a huge compliment to Cliff and Co that the fuzz is doing what you need. What a wild beast to get wrangled into 1's and 0's correctly

Interesting, how does it sound?
I have one pair of Laney LFR-112 (running in stereo) and sounds ok but I think the sound is a bit coloured.
I'm hoping to find something more accurate.
I my opinion really, really good. And I have testdriven lots of ‘em. Made of carbon fiber, so really light in weight and with a minimum of acoustic colorization.

I my opinion really, really good. And I have testdriven lots of ‘em. Made of carbon fiber, so really light in weight and with a minimum of acoustic colorization.
OK, thanx
Then I'll order one.
Perfect though it's stereo too

Well, that’s a pretty ringing endorsement in my opinion. Everything i’ve ever seen you demo has been amazing, so your stamp of approval def lends some weight! Would love to hear a demo of your rig or some gig footage with it in action!!

Great endorsement!
Best luck I've had with amplifying the A3 for gigs has been the Friedman ASC12 and/or a Celestion F12-X200 in a 1x12 Celestion spec'd cab. Both sound and feel the most familiar to me and not like a monitor. YMMV.

I would think you were gonna use your own amp (design)...? ;)

I sometimes still think of the videos you made with it many years ago, and the (to me) unique and desirable sound coming from you. I have no idea if that sound is in the Axe or not...

Fun to hear you are so satisfied.
All iv ever used is a pair of Yamaha Dxr Mk 2 10s. I love them.

Guys, what powered full range cabs are you using?
I like the Electro-Voice PXM-12MP. They’re not too big, can sit like a wedge or on their sides and fire straight forward at 90°, have a built-in DSP so you can adjust the EQ (or just do it in the Fractal), and they can get fricken’ loud while still sounding very clean and clear. Plus they’re not hard to find. I got some right-angle XLR adapters and IEC power cord adapters off Amazon, and stack them like a vertical 2x12, or one on its side and one like a wedge on top of it when stage space is tight. Check the reviews at Sweetwater.

Studio Slips makes a nice road bag for them to help keep them clean and protected.

The RED SOUND MF-10 sound really nice and several people like them; @Marco Fanton helped design them. I had their ELIS.8 (8”) cabs and loved the sound but needed something that would tip back farther, so I switched to the EVs. Also, the cab @Will Schut is talking about is intriguing. They’re all of Italian origin so they can be harder to get here though.

Love your playing, and welcome to the Fractal world! It’s an incredible technology!

Last edited:
I like the Electro-Voice PXM-12MP. They’re not too big, can sit like a wedge or on their sides and fire straight forward at 90°, have a built-in DSP so you can adjust the EQ (or just do it in the Fractal), and they can get fricken’ loud while still sounding very clean and clear. Plus they’re not hard to find. I got some right-angle XLR adapters and IEC power cord adapters off Amazon, and stack them like a vertical 2x12, or one on its side and one like a wedge on top of it when stage space is tight. Check the reviews at Sweetwater.

Studio Slips makes a nice road bag for them to help keep them clean and protected.

The RED SOUND MF-10 sound really nice and several people like them; @Marco Fanton helped design them. I had their ELIS.8 (8”) cabs and loved the sound but needed something that would tip back farther, so I switched to the EVs. Also, the cab @Will Schut is talking about is intriguing. They’re all of Italian origin so they can be harder to get here though.

Love your playing, and welcome to the Fractal world! It’s an incredible technology!
The speaker Will Schut was talking about is the AT G112A from GR Guitar, made of carbon fiber, so very light.
I'm in the market for a pair of FRFRs, so I just called Sonata Marketing, their US distributor.
It went to voicemail.

I left a message, but that level of support isn't ok w me.
Personally, I'd wait to check back with them after they get US operations set up more.

Back
Top Bottom