Cliff. Firmware 13 - now what? :)

Judging from what we have received as of late, just think of the potential ear candy for the next Axe FX II update if Cliff ever really got rested.... ;)

Patch volume levelling Utility, then Done ;)
I imagine that could be quite difficult and complicated to do automatically.

E.g. You could have different levels in different scenes (different rhythm patches, clean & dirty, a lead patch) or others may kick on an OD pedal or X/Y an amp for lead - which scene or state do you use? I imagine the apparent volume could also be affected by how loud you actually play at, maybe between clean & dirty patches especially and also EQ settings between patches.

Also the guitar you use can have an effect as well to accentuate level differences between patches - using a hotter guitar into a driven amp patch may compress the amp more and so volume is set at one level compared to the same guitar through a clean amp - now use a lower output guitar & overall levels will drop but the driven amp may not compress as much and as such could be louder than the clean amp using the same guitar...

Personally, I'd like to see a frequency analyzer. That's something I pull up on my cpu almost every time I'm working on my tone. Call me a sissy, but I'd for convenience's sake it would be damn useful.

Personally, I'd like to see a frequency analyzer. That's something I pull up on my cpu almost every time I'm working on my tone. Call me a sissy, but I'd for convenience's sake it would be damn useful.
You can do that with a tone match block you know... ;)
Just put it at the end of the grid and play... what you see in the window is your FFT graph.

I'd also love to see more effect improvements in the future. I think we reached a point where amp modelling improvements go into diminishing returns.

Perhaps adding randomness to the tone. Not "great today and bad tomorrow", but there's something weird in real fuzz pedals for example, hold a chord and they'll do something weird. In A/B tests the tone is the same already, but real versions are more unpredictable in the decay.

Hehe.. From a "what will happen next" to a big wish list (again) in short time.

Thanks for the answer Cliff. I like that attitude.

Perhaps adding randomness to the tone. Not "great today and bad tomorrow", but there's something weird in real fuzz pedals for example, hold a chord and they'll do something weird. In A/B tests the tone is the same already, but real versions are more unpredictable in the decay.

Like people ask to "tame the crack" or "dialing out static", there are people who would like to exagerate the weirdness! I wish some simple knobs to add as much crack/static as needed... from zero to unreal. They must be user friendly: setting multiple parameters called inductance or capacitance is not an easy task...!

Be careful wishing for too much reality here...
Imagine the new axe coming with everything fresh out of the box. After some time the tubes get bad and die. Only option is to buy new virtual tubes from Fractal.
Or maybe you play too loud. The software sense that and virtually crack your newly aquired ultra res cab, opening up a window in your browser sending you to the Fractal website to buy new virtual ones.

Hope i didn't plant any ideas in anyone's head with this...?

MFC
  • Scene numbers permanent in MFC display or even better scene names instead of preset names in MFC display if possible (selectable)
  • 'Page' functionality in MFC

AxeFx
  • Modifiers not per preset but per scene
  • Feedbacker block (as is done in the boss unit)
  • Interaction between selected cab block and amp block (cab block contains necessary data from where amp block can copy them) for FRFR (out1) and user-cab-blocks with adjustable data for power amp + guitar cab (out2)
  • Spillover between scenes and between presets (maybe using part of the looper to permanently record what is being played starting over dependent on tap tempo and playing back gradually fading out when switching)
  • Maybe re-checking all internal amp modeling parameters and adjust them where necessary to even better represent their 'real' counterparts (if this is possible at all... :))

Software
  • Enhancement of usability and interaction with each other

...and all the other goodies Cliff already has in the pipeline to make us the happiest guitar players on earth! :)

First of all kuddos to Cliff, I'm truly an Axe fx addict.

The thing that can be improved upon are the FX's. +1 on the formant shifting.
But also more advanced synth settings and more effects like EHX.

If he could design a couple of effects that are exclusively available on the axe fx and are very cool and Original then he will gain an even bigger market share!

AxeFx
Modifiers not per preset but per scene

if this is even remotely possible, it'd be a total game changer

I've always wished to be able to decouple the X and Y side modifiers. But if I recall correctly, it's just not possible to alter this.
So if I set amp1:X drive to modif:extern1, amp1:Y: drive gets it too
this is such a pain in the rear...

but maybe if the actual modifier cannot be decoupled between X and Y, I wonder if the settings within it could be..
so on the amp's X side, I could have my usual 'low to high' sweep of values assigned to the drive
and on the Y side, if I could set the drive values to min=n, max=n, then this effectively shuts down the modifier by fixing the drive value

Spillover between scenes and between presets (maybe using part of the looper to permanently record what is being played starting over dependent on tap tempo and playing back gradually fading out when switching)

you can already spillover between scenes.. if you have a single preset: multi-tone setup, this has been able to work from day 1 [even before scenes when you'd do it via modifiers alnoe]
if you're not spilling over reverbs and delays between scenes right now, you may want to check the bypass settings..
mute out / mute fx out will kill the tails
mute in / mute fx in will preserve them

Back
Top Bottom