CLIFF Can you post the Lonestar patch you made

Here's how I started off with the Lone Star:

I took the USA Lead factory preset, switched to the Lone Star sim, turned down Bass to "1.5", turned up "Drive" and reset the EQ page.
The real amp is designed for SRV tone, so use a single coil-equipped guitar (does make a difference!).
I added a BB drive block, with Drive at 2.5, Tone at 5.5, Level at 6 and Bass at -2.

Experiment with turning up Low Cut on the Tone page in the Amp block.
Then compensate with the Bass control.

Oh and something else: the Lone Star has a Drive control, that's separate from the Gain control.
Andy Timmons has this engaged for more gain.

My guess is, noticing the relative small amount of preamp gain on tap, that the amp is modeled without Drive engaged.

This is easily overcome by turning up Master a lot, say like 8 or so.
Or by adding a Drive block before the amp.

Quick Lonestar question,
There seems to be a ton of low end in this model?

In the comments (above) folks are pulling or cutting a ton of low end out. And I agree, if you don't pull it out, neck pickups (single or humbucker) flub out terribly. My Lonestar never has this attribute using 1x12, 2x12, or 4x12 cabs. I love the overall tone however the low end seems excessive

Last edited:
Quick Lonestar question,
There seems to be a ton of low end in this model?

In the comments (above) folks are pulling or cutting a ton of low end out. And I agree, if you don't pull it out, neck pickups (single or humbucker) flub out terribly. My Lonestar never has this attribute using 1x12, 2x12, or 4x12 cabs. I love the overall tone however the low end seems excessive

In my experience the real Lonestar Classic has excessive low end that IMO could not even be dialed down enough with the controls. The Special is more balanced.

Back
Top Bottom