Cliff!!...Bogner Triple Giant Preamp #11 of only 25 made

Isn't it essentially the same preamp as Hafler Triple Giant? If so, it's nothing special. Bogner Fish is Bogner's best preamp (and one of the best preamps ever made).

From the limited research I did on it, it seems that this is a different piece than the one made in conjunction with Hafler. But I honestly don't know. Just figured I'd pass the info along just in case Cliff had ever been looking for one. His amp wish list has certainly got to be smaller than it once was, but I don't know what's still on it.

Hi,

That's my amp for sale. The link above is old and dead.

If it's available there will be an ad running on my local Phoenix C/L.
(I don't wanna step on toes by posting links- it's easy to find on your own)

Pics show some of the innards of the TG- even if not interested in buying, the pics are worth a look....easy to compare to pics of Fish and Hafler amps

Sonically this amp is wonderful.
There is a reliability factor where this amp shines- it is less susceptible to response changes due to voltage fluctuations- and built to travel and last.
Some gear just doesn;t stand the test of time or the road.

Price is based on the abilities, rarity and provenance of #11

Just sold my 3+. For what I am doing these days- the big rack doesn't get used.

* at the time the original ad was written, C/L ads were getting spammed with requests to ship to Nigeria. I attempted humour.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
I've tried to buy 10000 things from this guy on craigslist in phoenix- he lives 1 mile away from me...

I can't buy anything from him because everything is 2x the price of what it's worth and 3x about what they sell for on ebay and anywhere else

Hi,

That's my amp for sale. The link above is old and dead.

If it's available there will be an ad running on my local Phoenix C/L.
(I don't wanna step on toes by posting links- it's easy to find on your own)

Pics show some of the innards of the TG- even if not interested in buying, the pics are worth a look....easy to compare to pics of Fish and Hafler amps

Sonically this amp is wonderful.
There is a reliability factor where this amp shines- it is less susceptible to response changes due to voltage fluctuations- and built to travel and last.
Some gear just doesn;t stand the test of time or the road.

Price is based on the abilities, rarity and provenance of #11

Just sold my 3+. For what I am doing these days- the big rack doesn't get used.

* at the time the original ad was written, C/L ads were getting spammed with requests to ship to Nigeria. I attempted humour.

Thanks, Mike
I have no idea if you still have that Bogner Triple Giant. I live in the phoenix area and would love to buy it from you if you still happen to have it. I also have some really rare preamps and other amps I would be willing to trade you for it.

thanks

I had an Hafler/Bogner Tripple Giant back in the day, clean channel wasn't anything to write home about but brown and red channels were pretty decent. Used it with a boat anchor piece of shit Marshall 9000 power amp. Got smart and bought a Peavy 50/50 classic amp smoked that flubby turd box Marshall. Came across a Digitech/Hafter T3 single space preamp sounded exactly the same to me. The need for more flexibility led me to ditch those and get a JMP1. Always wanted a TriAxis but could never let go of the money.

I had an Hafler/Bogner Tripple Giant back in the day, clean channel wasn't anything to write home about but brown and red channels were pretty decent. Used it with a boat anchor piece of shit Marshall 9000 power amp. Got smart and bought a Peavy 50/50 classic amp smoked that flubby turd box Marshall. Came across a Digitech/Hafter T3 single space preamp sounded exactly the same to me. The need for more flexibility led me to ditch those and get a JMP1. Always wanted a TriAxis but could never let go of the money.
Cool man, but The pre amp I'm talking about is the hand wired Bogner version. I believe only 25 were ever made. Bogner himself said that Halfer ruined the design and its nothing like his original version. I would love to have one of the original 25 and would be willing to pay some serious money for it. I have a Bogner fish and love it.

Cool man, but The pre amp I'm talking about is the hand wired Bogner version. I believe only 25 were ever made. Bogner himself said that Halfer ruined the design and its nothing like his original version. I would love to have one of the original 25 and would be willing to pay some serious money for it. I have a Bogner fish and love it.

Normally, I would roll my eyes too at seeing a seven year old thread brought back from the dead, but this seems like a worthy pursuit of an exclusive boutique. Good luck!

Normally, I would roll my eyes too at seeing a seven year old thread brought back from the dead, but this seems like a worthy pursuit of an exclusive boutique. Good luck!
Except the seller has only ever posted 2 times, both in this thread. And the last time they logged in was in 2015. I mean it's worth a try I guess, but I wouldn't be super hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom