clicks in reverse delay?

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
When using the reverse delay I can hear many little clicks and noises in the reverse signal. Is that normal? and why is that? Didn't have this problem with other reverse delay pedals.

2 things could cause this, if your feedback is really high and your signals is really strong going to the delay you could be overloading the delay (but that is pretty hard with the reverse delay).

another likely issue is that you are approaching cpu overload. considering the routings your setting up, that is the most likely issue.

I am not getting this under simple conditions.

What is your cpu % under utilities -status?

Also, is the clip light coming on?

Strangely enough I checked it again and it is gone now. I didn't change a thing. Also the CPU was not overload since I was using the delay block only. Also I wasn't using high feedback setting.
Would be nice to know what is was anyway.

Maybe not what you encountered, but something to remember: XFADE TIME being too low will cause clicks. Just going from 1 ms to 2 ms gets rid of a bunch of high freq. content; improvement is more subtle beyond 2 ms. It's probably best to avoid settings below 10 ms, the default.

Strangely enough I checked it again and it is gone now. I didn't change a thing. Also the CPU was not overload since I was using the delay block only. Also I wasn't using high feedback setting.
Would be nice to know what is was anyway.

when you say using the delay block only do you mean:
the rest of the effects were bypassed or
delay was the only effect that existed in the preset?

Maybe not what you encountered, but something to remember: XFADE TIME being too low will cause clicks. Just going from 1 ms to 2 ms gets rid of a bunch of high freq. content; improvement is more subtle beyond 2 ms. It's probably best to avoid settings below 10 ms, the default.

I was getting clicks with every setting of the Xfade. But thanks for pointing out. The clicks I had we're different then the clicks you mean. And also the delay block was the only one in the preset.
Just don't know what it was and I never heard it before with the reverse delay. But it is gone now

Back
Top Bottom