Cleaning The FC-12

bebaldwin

Inspired
I don't know if this has been posted but what's the best way to clean the FC-12? I was thinking of using furniture polish like Pledge but I don't know if it will have ill effects to the paint or finish.

Damp microfiber or other soft cloth is likely all you need. Maybe some isopropyl alcohol for any really tough spots. Pledge has silicone in it and will leave a residue. Probably won't hurt anything, but it's not really needed either. The buildup might make the screens cloudy over time.

Simple Green is my go to cleaning product! For more difficult stuff, I like Goo Gone. As with any cleaner though, spray on cloth rather than directly on unit to avoid fluid seeping in places it should not go!! Another option is, stop stepping on it with your dirty feet/shoes!!!

Damp microfiber or other soft cloth is likely all you need. Maybe some isopropyl alcohol for any really tough spots. Pledge has silicone in it and will leave a residue. Probably won't hurt anything, but it's not really needed either. The buildup might make the screens cloudy over time.
Thanks for the advice. That's what I used. The Pledge I use is silicone free. I get it at Costco.

Simple Green is my go to cleaning product! For more difficult stuff, I like Goo Gone. As with any cleaner though, spray on cloth rather than directly on unit to avoid fluid seeping in places it should not go!! Another option is, stop stepping on it with your dirty feet/shoes!!!
Thanks. I have plenty of Simple Green and Goo Gone. Simple Green's headquarters is pretty close to where I live. My unit is just dusty from sitting around in my music room.

Simple Green is good stuff. I prefer the lemon scented variety. Non-toxic and doesn't dry out your skin too bad. I use it for deep cleaning everything from the grill to firearms.

I don't know if this has been posted but what's the best way to clean the FC-12? I was thinking of using furniture polish like Pledge but I don't know if it will have ill effects to the paint or finish.
First, use a clean brush or a vacuum to get the loose stuff.
A damp microfiber cloth or old t-shirt with nothing but plain water will cleanup 99% of your gear. Alcohol and/or chemicals may soften any adhesives and some plastics, finishes and some labels. If you need something stronger to remove gum or adhesives, use Naphtha - works faster than goo-gone without the orange scented slimy finish.
You can polish the unit with something like Dunlop Formula 65 guitar polish.
HTH

First, use a clean brush or a vacuum to get the loose stuff.
A damp microfiber cloth or old t-shirt with nothing but plain water will cleanup 99% of your gear. Alcohol and/or chemicals may soften any adhesives and some plastics, finishes and some labels. If you need something stronger to remove gum or adhesives, use Naphtha - works faster than goo-gone without the orange scented slimy finish.
You can polish the unit with something like Dunlop Formula 65 guitar polish.
HTH
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom