Clean, Capable W/D/W + FoH Grid Routing Idea

Just wanted to add, your routing makes a lot of sense as a line mixer replica. Perfect concept. Can't wait to try ot out!!!!

You know, I was looking at it and it just never occurred to me before but yep, the entire idea for this routing basically starts out as a parallel mixer for all the post effects, so it does act as a line mixer in that way.

The difference is that the Axe-Fx also lets you route all the post effects directly into each subsequent effect too, so you also get the benefit of each effect influencing the one before it, so things sound a lot more natural.

So basically when you route stuff this way, the Axe-Fx lets you have the best of both parallel and series mixing.

Interesting stuff. I tend to like all my post effects in parallel so I don't have the post effects affecting each other at all. With your method if I decide I want to experiment with that I can. Very cool routing.

Interesting stuff. I tend to like all my post effects in parallel so I don't have the post effects affecting each other at all. With your method if I decide I want to experiment with that I can. Very cool routing.

I gotcha. If you want to route everything in parallel, you could run the patch like this:

9Cmv9GB.png

From there, if you did decided you want any of those effects to impact whatever comes before them, you could always add back whatever routes you'd like.

I gotcha. If you want to route everything in parallel, you could run the patch like this:

9Cmv9GB.png

From there, if you did decided you want any of those effects to impact whatever comes before them, you could always add back whatever routes you'd like.
Oh that's a cool idea as well! I can see how you might be able to add more parallel blocks using that method vs just putting stuff in columns. I might mess with that a bit.

Edit: and this is the stuff where Fractal is just sooooo far beyond any other modeler. The routing options are insane.

Just to see if I could fit a PlexDelay block in there too. Crazy. Reallllly close to the CPU cap, but it drops to under 80% if I set the cab to Standard instead of UltraRes.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 211332.png

Back
Top Bottom