Clean and dirty clips of my new ViK custom 7-string

Nolly

Inspired
Hey dudes,

I've had my new ViK Duality 7-string custom for all of 24 hours and it has absolutely blown me away in every regard!!

Here are some videos showcasing the clean and dirty sounds I'm trying it with at the moment, both courtesy of the Axe-FX:

For info on the specs and a full picture diary of the guitar's creation, check HERE

There is also a photo album HERE

IMG_1504.jpg

Sweet looking axe. Haha after I looked at the fractal forum ,I check out my you tube page and there you were again ,I subscribe to you on you tube awhile ago.Didnt know you were here too .I do now lol

Last edited:
You're lucky. That looks gorgeous to me.

And by those clips looks like it sounds good aswell, loved the metal riffing!

Also thanks for sharing the thread with all the progress.

Blearghà! Why does every guitar you get look so good and every patch you make sound so good?! Ahhhhhh my head! Too much awesome!
Thanks for sharing Nolly :)

Very nice playing and tone and a stunning guitar.
I've seen the build on Sevenstring.com.
BTW I'm having a sevenstring with piezo's and the Graphtech Ghost system built by Chris Larkin.

Thanks so much dudes!

I would use fatter strings, they are wobbling all over the place :D Very nice axe dude and of course perfect tone.

The string wobble is because of the camera shooting at 24fps! I don't use super heavy strings, but a 60 in B is more than passable :)

Ok, that's fine. I use 68 in B, but only because first I thought this was cool and then I realised that it's really great for my playing and the tone. But yes, in this case it's caused by the camera and your hard strokes.

Yeah, I definitely enjoy a bit more tension but above a 60 I find the top end response of the string drops off very rapidly. Live I use a 64 or 68 but for recording I find the sound of a 59 or 60 to be much richer harmonically, and also more coherent with the sound of the other 6 strings.

I don't have that much experience in recording, maybe I should give it a try to play my 62s on that one (FGN Elan Expert) which I usually play with my baritone (LTD VB400). Unfortunately only an hour ago I put on new 68s, because next week I'll go into the studio. Well, we'll see ;) Thanks for the hint btw.

No worries man, I wouldn't suggest changing approach right before a studio session - you want to feel as comfortable as possible in that situation so it's best to stick with what you know well! Next time you change strings you might want to see how a lower gauge sounds and feels though :)

Back
Top Bottom