zipped archive includes:

Claudes-SemiAcoustic.pdf - readme/descriptions/instructions

ElectroAcoustic 1.syx
ElectroAcoustic 2.syx
ElectroAcoustic 3.syx
ElectroAcoustic 4.syx
SemiAcoustic.syx

10 Taylor 314ce - Soundelux E47.syx - previously posted IR - install in USER 10

Feedback/constructive criticism always appreciated.

It'd be nice to be able to upload zipfiles to this forum... :ugeek

Hello Claudel,

I would like to test your presets but the zip file is corrupt.
I get a "Zip File is empty" error. Would you please be so kind to zip and upload the presets again?

I redid these since the last posting...

Same deal as with the bass patch collection.

I got nailed with an excess bandwidth usage charge from my ISP this month so I pulled them for a while.

I also have received zero comments/feedback either negative or positive which is a bit of a frustration...

Claude’s Semi-Acoustic Patches

Created on Axe-FX Ultra connected via AES/SBU to MOTU Traveler monitored on Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones at recording levels. These are not optimized for live playing, but I’d really like some feedback from anyone who plays them at volume and who would care to share their comments as far as possible adjustments.

I used a semi-homemade Stratocaster with Don Mare SuperSports to create these patches.

CVL SemiAcoustic 00.syx
Envelope Controlled Input Filter > Shiver CLN > Gold 2x12 and Taylor 314ce - Soundelux E47.

CVL SemiAcoustic 01.syx
Envelope Controlled Input Filter > Compressor > PEQ/GEQ and focus filter (no amp block or IR)
with a touch of echo & reverb.

CVL SemiAcoustic 02.syx
Envelope Controlled Input Filter > Compressor > PEQ/GEQ and focus filter (no amp block or IR)
with a touch of different echo & reverb along with a pitch detuner block

CVL SemiAcoustic 03.syx
with a pitch detuner block touch and resonator along with different echo & reverb.

CVL SemiAcoustic 04.syx - Flanger
Envelope Controlled Input Filter > Shiver CLN > Gold 2x12 and Taylor 314ce - Soundelux E47. > Effects
Flanger/Panner branch is linked to LFO 1 for speed control.
External 2 pedal controls LFO1 rate.

CVL SemiAcoustic 05.syx - Chorus
Envelope Controlled Input Filter > Shiver CLN > Gold 2x12 and Taylor 314ce - Soundelux E47. > Effects

CVL SemiAcoustic 06.syx – Resonated Phaser
Phaser/Panner branch is linked to LFO 1 for speed control.

CVL SemiAcoustic 07.syx – Rotary
Rotary/Panner is linked to LFO 1 for speed control.

Back at

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/Claudes-Semi-Acoustic.zip

for now.

i play mostly acoustic through my axe so i will be all over these patches like a rash. i have to set up my gear. all packed up from a gig the other night. i prob should post some of my patches too. i never use amps except for when getting distortion tones (rare). i just use graphic and an acoustic IR. how come you have used the shiva?

you could upload the zip to some free hosting service, like e.g., Dropbox.

Sonic.net is fine with me, thanks. Even with the excess bandwidth charge the service is worth the occasional extra $...

Add audio clips, it helps!

Soon. Logic is next after I get a grip on the Axe...

i play mostly acoustic through my axe so i will be all over these patches like a rash. i have to set up my gear. all packed up from a gig the other night. i prob should post some of my patches too. i never use amps except for when getting distortion tones (rare). i just use graphic and an acoustic IR. how come you have used the shiva?

I'm going more for the "make the Strato sound sort of like an acoustic" effect rather than plugging an actual acoustic that I don't have into the Ultra...

I really like the way the Shiver CLN sim with the German ( not the Euro ) tone stack sounds for the semi-acoustic thing when it's lightly cranked.

I was fooling around with amps and tonestacks and that combination along with Jay's Gold 4x12 and an acoustic IR spoke to me.

Without an amp is OK too. It's mostly all good, just different flavors of good.

Sometimes when I visit one of my friends, I get to play his pre-WWII Martin D-28.
None of these patches will ever be confused with that guitar, but it's still fun to try...

I'm waiting for the first "Does the Axe have that D45-in-the-room feel thru IEMS?" thread. :D :ugeek ;)

Last edited:
um yeah i got mixed up. i thought this was for acoustic guitars. bummer. well my only feedback is that it doesn't sound too good with my ESP with EMG 81s. sorry.

I play live & loud...# 2 and 6 were good and I'd use them...3 was flat and the rest were just ok.
For recording, all but 3 could work I suppose...so much easier playing low volume, no Fletcher Munson curve.

Thanks for posting!

CVL SemiAcoustic 01.syx
with a touch of echo & reverb.

My choice. Just had to play around with the EQ a little bit.
Wonderful with my Parker Piezo equipped guitar. Thank you!

Claude, I desperately need a convincing acoustic patch for my PRS. Unfortunately, I can't get your patches to put out any sound. User10 cab is loaded as I can get other patches to use it. What firmware version are you on? I'm on 10.03.

--Later--
Actually just realized that I am getting output from Output 1, but not output 2. My other patches work on both outputs, but for some reason yours only work on Output 1.

Last edited:
Claude, I desperately need a convincing acoustic patch for my PRS. Unfortunately, I can't get your patches to put out any sound. User10 cab is loaded as I can get other patches to use it. What firmware version are you on? I'm on 10.03.

--Later--
Actually just realized that I am getting output from Output 1, but not output 2. My other patches work on both outputs, but for some reason yours only work on Output 1.

I haven't the first clue why that might be.

I use the digital AES/EBU port to connect to my audio/MIDI interface and don't use any of the analog outputs
other than the effect loop for sending a dry signal so that might be part of it...

I have the output one knob completely off and the output two knob at ~3 o clock...

Try removing the bypassed effect loop block from the patch(es)

Back
Top Bottom