AFIII Classic REO

Brian Coonan

Power User
I had to learn this tune for a band I'm in so thought I'd record it. This is the factory preset "Mark Day's Recto Cygnus" which I think he uses mainly for Journey but I thought it worked really well for REO too. All the leads are done with the Solo scene and some of the rhythms are are done with Scene 2 when I remembered to switch to it! This is the factory preset unchanged - I think that is so freaking cool because I've never had a modeler that I could use a factory preset out of the box, untouched. And yeah, there was one slip up, I know.. hahah. This is with 16.02.

Last edited:
I had to learn this tune for a band I'm in so thought I'd record it. This is the factory preset "Mark Day's Recto Cygnus" which I think he uses mainly for Journey but I thought it worked really well for REO too. All the leads are done with the Solo scene and some of the rhythms are are done with Scene 2 when I remembered to switch to it! This is the factory preset unchanged - I think that is so freaking cool because I've never had a modeler that I could use a factory preset out of the box, untouched. And yeah, there was one slip up, I know.. hahah. This is with 16.02.

Nice! I remember playing this in my cover band back when it was released! Gary Richrath was one of the first guitarists that I was able to learn all of his stuff when I first started playing when I was 15. Just a great rock 'n roll guitarist! I’ve probably play 15-20 different REO songs in bands over the years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom