Clark Kent's TEH Dollar Sound IR's

Ok so I just spent a half an hour or so with these IRs and all I can say is that these are the first IRs I've heard that have been good enough to replace the tried and true old TV Mix IR for high gain tones.

These are fantastic.

Which one(s)???

I'm dying for a TV replacement.

A little praise!

These IRs have made my usual go-to IRs from ownhammer seem dead-like and lifeless. Seriously! With these IRs it's easier to get the tone out of the guitar when playing, which is very liberating. It makes me not miss playing tubeamps so much. When tweaking the amps and recording using these IRs it sounds "right" to me in the way that i recognize what I want to hear and what sounds natural. So it's more fun, and that's what it's all about ;)

I was inspired to record a little part in the count of tuscany with original stems added (excluding guitars obviosly). Did no special tweaking or mixing or EQing, it's just recorded dry amp and cab and smashed together, and it sounds good and blend nicely with the overall sound. I think that demonstrates how good these IRs are!

https://soundcloud.com/mags-marius/count-of-tuscany-intro

Now please make IRs for the standard cab/stilletto-one as well! I would pay for it :)

A little praise!

These IRs have made my usual go-to IRs from ownhammer seem dead-like and lifeless. Seriously! With these IRs it's easier to get the tone out of the guitar when playing, which is very liberating. It makes me not miss playing tubeamps so much. When tweaking the amps and recording using these IRs it sounds "right" to me in the way that i recognize what I want to hear and what sounds natural. So it's more fun, and that's what it's all about ;)

I was inspired to record a little part in the count of tuscany with original stems added (excluding guitars obviosly). Did no special tweaking or mixing or EQing, it's just recorded dry amp and cab and smashed together, and it sounds good and blend nicely with the overall sound. I think that demonstrates how good these IRs are!

https://soundcloud.com/mags-marius/count-of-tuscany-intro

Now please make IRs for the standard cab/stilletto-one as well! I would pay for it :)

Holy shit that sounds like JP. :D

Nice clip!

These IR's are really awesome. And I totally agree with Mags about that I'd pay for the Stiletto cab!
I cannot use any other cabs after these ones.
A few days before I said that these ones are fizzy and lifeless compared to the Harley Benton SM57 Mix IR, but now I see that this is not true. It is just the first time syndrome which always causes me to choose the darker IR as the better one, but this is not true. These Mesa IR's are awesome, maybe the best!

Son of Jor-El,

Are there any new UltraRes cab IR's forthcoming, from your Hidden North Pole Lair?

Secondly, do you think appearing in the Superman movies, helped, or hurt, Richard Prior's career?

Thank you, that is all.

Which of these are the ones you would say are like 6DOIT? That album has some of my very favorite Petrucci tones (the IIc+ tones, not the Recto on "The Glass Prison").

Hey Clark, off-topic and probably a long shot, but do you happen to have any WAV files (or MP3/whatever) you could share of the tracks you recorded at the studio in this clip?:

That is like the perfect recorded Mark IV rhythm tone. I would love to have a good quality sound clip for Tone-Matching. Thanks either way. :)

Finally nailed a good MK IV sound tonight (similar to the tone in this video) using one of these IR's - TEH shure sm57 A1. Thanks heaps guys!!!

What Guitar has been used and pups?? Willing to share patch??

Hey, so here's the patch I mentioned. Guitar used is an Epiphone Prophecy LP with EMG's - 81, 85 tuned to drop D.

Keep in mind I made this patch using headphones and haven't tried it through FRFR or anything. I was listening to the above video through the same headphones though and the tone I had was very very similar.

Let me know if it's any good for you.

View attachment MARK IV RHYTHM.syx

Back
Top Bottom