Clark Kent's favorite Mark IV settings

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
In addition to the Axe-Fx I've actually owned three Boogie Mark IVs in the past. These are the actual settings that I always used with the real amp and they were great because it's still tight enough for rhythm playing but also has enough gain for leads and solos. This amp has this fat roar to it that is really hard to get from other amps especially while keeping the preset tight. The riff that I'm playing is a good test to show that it's tight enough but still gainy enough to get those hard quick harmonics in that riff.

Get the preset here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - CK7 Mark IV - by Clark Kent

This preset uses an IR from Cab Pack 7: CK's USA Traditional 4x12 - UltraRes™ Collection. The IR used for this clip is: CK USA Trad SM57-SM57 02

So it's an IR of two SM57s with different speakers out of phase creating this awesome uber cut that'll be awesome for any mix. The IR itself sounds a lot like the muscle guy's tone in "Cause of All Evil" which is the starting track for the album "Octopussium".

Sounds great - thx man !

A quick question. What are the 'real' names of the IR's you included in the presets folder in the pack ?

They're all alloy IRs and usually the first IRs in the alloy folders. I can't remember them exactly right now but I have them written down. I think 3 of them are the first three in the SM57-MD421 folder. Two of them are the two first SM57-SM57 IRs. One is... hmm... not sure but maybe the first one in the SM57-E906 folder? :D I can give you a more specific answer once I'm home.

Back
Top Bottom