Clark Kent: Pogner Telecasterock (Tele+Bogner XTC)

from 0:06-0:25.. and 0:32-0:37, 0:44, you get the point it sounds a bit thin. But with some more bass and vocals it would probably sit great in a mix.

Great playing all through, and apart from the above mentioned times I thought it was pretty much perfect and I'm listening on some crappy speakers at the moment. Another clip that has me drooling for the Axe! :)

Clark, this is amazing. Do you listen to Hawthorne Heights? Cus that intro is either directly or indirectly inspired by one of their songs. Ugh... my ownership of the Axe has been pushed even farther away...

Now accepting Paypal donations for my axe fx fund... :roll:

hkh said:

thanks!

squidlips said:
from 0:06-0:25.. and 0:32-0:37, 0:44, you get the point it sounds a bit thin. But with some more bass and vocals it would probably sit great in a mix.

Great playing all through, and apart from the above mentioned times I thought it was pretty much perfect and I'm listening on some crappy speakers at the moment. Another clip that has me drooling for the Axe! :)

Yeah, I don't own a bass (yet!) so that's just a tuned down guitar responsible for all the low end. Didn't work as planned this time so the bass has nothing above 500hz so that's why it sounds thin at times. The guitar tone is actually coming really close to the tone that I've been looking for. It cuts in a mix and sits well. Vocals sound good on top of that and bass has it's space.

Gytaxor said:
very nice, in room impression.

the bogners start to sound like they are actually good ... :)

I have no idea why the Bogner XTC sims default depth to 5. It makes the sim unusable and I'm sure the original amp doesn't have that much bass. I had depth at 0 and bass at 2,6 and I even had presence at -1,5. Then it started sounding proper. :)

snowbrdr88 said:
Clark, this is amazing. Do you listen to Hawthorne Heights? Cus that intro is either directly or indirectly inspired by one of their songs. Ugh... my ownership of the Axe has been pushed even farther away...

Now accepting Paypal donations for my axe fx fund... :roll:

I've never heard of "Hawthorne Heights". Took a quick listen and I can hear the similarity in the tone. Would love to hear that song that sounds alike! :D That band is actually pretty close to the genre I'm going for nowadays. I feel like a sell-out since I've been playing metal for many years and now I'm doing high school fancy pantsy pop rock. :roll:

Get the Axe! Once you get the hang of it it's really easy to get the tones you want.

Back
Top Bottom