Clark Kent: Moshabit [Peavey 5150 + New Redwirez Recipe]

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9904108

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gbu6an9r9uhrot <--- DOWNLOAD LINK!

Peavey won the metal amp shootout so I improvised a few riffs in honor of "SISO". After updating to FW10.03 I've been able to use brighter cabs from Redwirez and I couldn't be happier. This recipe is a 50/50 blend of SM57 CapEdge 2in and 421 CapEdge 2in and I'm using the Mesa cab. I'm really loving this IR ATM. If I want more low end I'm blending it with Redwirez room mics but I can get all the low end I need straight from this IR.

Here's the patch! It's NOT the same one that was in the metal shootout. This is better. ;)
FEEDBACK!

Attachments

• RAW Peavey 5150.syx
    2 KB · Views: 141
A lot brighter for sure. Sounds great for palm muted stuff. I tried it with some AA - Death in Fire and it worked great.

Those mic positions are actually what John Petrucci uses. Works well! It's in nu-metal tuning ofcourse. :D In honor of Limp Bizkit and OLD Linkin Park: C#. I don't know what it is but I haven't been able to use these IRs until 10.03 firmware. And I did absolutely nothing to those guitar tracks. No low cut or anything. I didn't even cut the lows in global EQ. They just work as they are!!!!!!

This sounds great. Nice all around tonal qualities on this tone. With 10.3 I'm noticing IR's working a bit better and I'm also finding the more amp models that I like better than ever before.

Really great tone. It has to be your guitar and/or post processing (which was ?), because neither of my guitars with this patch and recipe sound nearly this good. What was the recording process, if you will?... Thanks and rock on, CK - Shep

No post processing! No EQ in the DAW not even low cut. I'm using a PRS most of the time so that's the only magic... but I've got dead strings ATM.

What do you mean with brighter cabs from Red Wirez? Does the 10.3 FW make the cabs more bright?

I can't get the presence on my Mesa Red patch sound like the real recordings of my Roadking. With EQ and compression I'm still missing 10% extra presence the real Roadking has.
I'm also using Red Wirez Mesa 4x12 with a 57 and 421 or R121 with Cap Edge 3in.

sounds good but the drums kinda destroy everything :lol:
any chance to ehgar the guitars without the drums?

cheers
S.

It's not the converters, that tone just needs a variac.

:cool:

I'm using M-Audio FastTrack MkII to record guitar tracks. I've done a few recordings with a PreSonus tube interface and I sure notice a clear difference in tone but this will do for now. :)

yek said:

A variac mod does not improve the fidelity of a signal. That is not its purpose. A variac mod changes the distortion waveform and distortion style. Clark Kent was going for a tone and it sounded amazing, and variac was not needed for the distortion style he was going for.

But since you decide to bring that up, there is no Variac mod possible right now for anyones tone in the Axe. Guitar Rig 1-4 has a Variac mod. A simple dial that even a toddler can adjust and notice significant, to small - to drastic - changes on the waveform of the distortion.

Axe FX does not have a variac section, so Clark Kent would not be able to adjust such things. There is not even a simple dial for idiots. $2000 US for a unit that allows mods to the internals and yet variac is not part of that fundamental editing of that? Whatever... i still ordered one, but i would like to be able to dial in my signature tones. Without a dial for that I will be unable to dial in my signature variac modded tones of my own, regardless of how "billion dollar studio quality" the patches sound. Even if I had Pavarotti in my home studio, it would do my project no good.

But regardless, its irrelevant for this thread, so please do not bring it up here. As your comment on variac was clearly besides the point of my response.

And if you really think that type of tone Clark Kent showed needs a variac, then you are alone in that opinion.

Tone_Freak said:
yek said:

A variac mod does not improve the fidelity of a signal. That is not its purpose. A variac mod changes the distortion waveform and distortion style. Clark Kent was going for a tone and it sounded amazing, and variac was not needed for the distortion style he was going for.

But since you decide to bring that up, there is no Variac mod possible right now for anyones tone in the Axe. Guitar Rig 1-4 has a Variac mod. A simple dial that even a toddler can adjust and notice significant, to small - to drastic - changes on the waveform of the distortion.

Axe FX does not have a variac section, so Clark Kent would not be able to adjust such things. There is not even a simple dial for idiots. $2000 US for a unit that allows mods to the internals and yet variac is not part of that fundamental editing of that? Whatever... i still ordered one, but i would like to be able to dial in my signature tones. Without a dial for that I will be unable to dial in my signature variac modded tones of my own, regardless of how "billion dollar studio quality" the patches sound. Even if I had Pavarotti in my home studio, it would do my project no good.

But regardless, its irrelevant for this thread, so please do not bring it up here. As your comment on variac was clearly besides the point of my response.

And if you really think that type of tone Clark Kent showed needs a variac, then you are alone in that opinion.

This is just hilarious to me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom