Clark Kent Job - First Time (Official Music Video) [CHECK OUT MY BAND]

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
So although I've dropped the Clark Kent nick my band is still called "Clark Kent Job" and here's our first music video. I'm the "vocalist" in case you were wondering. :lol

Bass is using Cab Pack 11: ML SV Bass Mix 08 and that's the only thing in there that is not "real". Guitars are a Mesa Mark IV into a Mesa 4x12 Traditional cab. No triggers used on the drums and no pitch correction on the vocals. Trying to "keep it real". :)

Please like, share and subscribe to our channels to get the latest news and help spread the word. We're in the process of recording a lot of songs so there's more to come. We're actually shooting a "proper" music video next month as this one was completely shot, cut and edited by me.

Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clarkkentjob

And obviously the YouTube channel is my ML Sound Lab channel which everyone in here should subscribe to! :)

Feedback is appreciated!

Willowdale is right, already catchy on the first listening. Everything sits nice, there's maybe even no need for another video. Cool song, has a bit of a Limp Biscuit flair in the middle, right? :)

I love the guitar tone. Nice tone Irotlas! That kind of tone is one of my go to's. What mics did you used in the Stiletto cab? Just an SM57? SM57+MD421?

Mikko, why don't you play guitar while being the frontman? Live will sound fuller with two guitars. It's an aesthetic decision?
I hope you can keep the voice that high on a live performance! I hate when the singer cannot perform the songs live because he can't keep his voice "tone".

Hahahaha! Limp Bizkit denotations are very much intentional. At 2:34 when I say "DO YOU REMEMBER" that cap that I have in my head is the Fred Durst signature Yankees cap. So it's kind of saying "do you remember that good sh*t? well... we're bringing it back!" :lol We also had another take that didn't make the cut where Irotlas was pointing out the Wes Borland resemblance. Here's a short video clip of that moment: https://www.dropbox.com/s/af604mocc8i0yby/borland.mp4 sorry about the retarted Finnish laugh by yours truly.

Thank you guys for the kind words! Let's hope word goes around and we get things rolling. If you like the material please like, subscribe and share to your friends. It really means a lot! :)

I love the guitar tone. Nice tone Irotlas! That kind of tone is one of my go to's. What mics did you used in the Stiletto cab? Just an SM57? SM57+MD421?

Mikko, why don't you play guitar while being the frontman? Live will sound fuller with two guitars. It's an aesthetic decision?
I hope you can keep the voice that high on a live performance! I hate when the singer cannot perform the songs live because he can't keep his voice "tone".

We actually went crazy with the mic up. We did shoot and IR of that which was a 5 mic alloy IIRC. All those mics intentionally slightly out of phase where they sound good. I have the IR in my Axe-Fx actually. It's definitely one of the best ones in my Axe-Fx. By the way the intro riff to that song was recorded using headphones reversed as a microphone and picking up the signal. Even that sounds pretty good. :)

There's a unfortunate history in this band and different vocalists. We always had two guitarists: me and Irotlas but we were having problems with our vocalist not committing to the band enough. I wish I was as good at singing as I am on guitar but singing is extremely fun. Let's face it I'm not even trying to be the next Adam Lambert. That's doesn't even belong to this genre. This is more about the attitude. I think my strength as a vocalist is that I'm very much aware of the music, riffs etc since 50% of the time I made those riffs I know the "theory" behind the riffs so I can enforce the ideas behind the riffs rather than create vocals on top of riffs.

I think that in a live performance in this genre it's really important for the front man to connect with the crowd and I'm not going to be doing that with a Custom 24 in my hands. I do find it a bit awkward when there's a riff playing and I'm not singing. I can't just stand there so that's why I'm jumping around. :D

Nice!

If it were my mix I might consider pulling back the effects on the vox by about 5-10% and pushing up the bass @ 140hz by 3db OR just add a little more overall. But that's just me <g>.

Back
Top Bottom