Clark Kent: French Faguette [New Guitar Test]

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
http://soundcloud.com/clark-kent-job/cl ... h-faguette

This is a quick test with just a basic Recto New amp + Recto 2 cab with SM57 mic. I love the tones! The DiMarzio EVO II and EVO neck pickups sure have plenty of mids. I can scoop a Recto and still count on my guitar cutting in a mix. And the guitar has a cool growly tone... I don't have to drive the amp to make it sound angry. The intro and the "dumbass C-part" are played with the neck pickup. This song is so tricky to play that I might make a video when I get the chance. Crazy stuff! :)

NGD003.jpg

Feed my back!

Man, that is some seriously sexy sounds. I too have an ibanez with the EVO II's and they're a freaking hot pickup. Very, very cool riffs.

I'm loving the guitar though setup is a lot more complicated than what I'm used to. Nice tone and I love how it looks.

BrianCarrol: It's not an insult if a straight man uses the word faggot. I wouldn't get offended if a gay man made a song about straight bread. So if a gay man does get offended it's just a part of his own discomfort of being what he is. Sorry to hear you're older than me though.

Clark Kent said:
It's not an insult if a straight man uses the word faggot.
:?

I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that :p ), but I don't necessarily think that's true. Isn't it sort of like saying it's okay for a white man to call a black man the n-word? Maybe it's just a cultural difference though...

marshall2553 said:
Clark Kent said:
It's not an insult if a straight man uses the word faggot.
:?

I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that :p ), but I don't necessarily think that's true. Isn't it sort of like saying it's okay for a white man to call a black man the n-word? Maybe it's just a cultural difference though...

Ah man didn't know that. In my own language the translation of the f-word is as common as gay and the only other word we have is actually even more insulting. But hey... Still if someone used a reaaally mean word calling me straight it would be OK. Being gay has been publicly OK for at least 10 years and right now it's fashion to be gay at least here in Finland. So I thought there's no racism-like oversensitivity towards the gay words. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anyone. Let's concentrate on the music.

Sunny12 said:
Cool stuff man!! Very pure tone...I like!! :D

The pureness comes from lower gain and this guitar sounds "angry" even with lower gain. If I had to describe the tone with words it would be a Les Paul version of a Jem guitar. It's not as jazzy sounding as the Jem series.

DonnieNeo said:
I love the tone and your playing this....... very nice

mmmmmm..... seems you have offended a Frenchman :}

What? Are there Frenchmen that condescend to speaking English? I don't believe it... I never met one in real life. Hahaha... Nah, my last name is French and that's also where my ancestry comes from. Still it was quite spectacular when I was in France and although I spoke English and they completely understood me, French people only answered in French. All I know is the Moulin Rouge line and I don't want to get slapped in the face. Although that might be a good thing in France for all I know... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom