Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Thanks, guys!

Guitar used, please?

Warmoth Strat. Alder body, maple neck, ebony fretboard, LSR roller nut, Wilkinson Tremolo, David Allen Hot 54/59 SSS set, neck&mid position.

Sounds great. I'd love to hear your whole signal chain for this. Thanks for the preset!

Guitar directly into the Axe FX II with the uploaded preset, via USB into Logic Pro X, Klanghelm MJUC MK1 (vari mu style) compressor set to about 3 dB gain reduction and a bit of a darker timber setting followed by the Valhalla Vintage Reverb (Taj Mahal preset) with Mix set to 6.4%.

Afterwards, I used the UAD Ampex ATR 102 on the whole track to give it some of that tape sound.

Thanks, guys!

Warmoth Strat. Alder body, maple neck, ebony fretboard, LSR roller nut, Wilkinson Tremolo, David Allen Hot 54/59 SSS set, neck&mid position.

Guitar directly into the Axe FX II with the uploaded preset, via USB into Logic Pro X, Klanghelm MJUC MK1 (vari mu style) compressor set to about 3 dB gain reduction and a bit of a darker timber setting followed by the Valhalla Vintage Reverb (Taj Mahal preset) with Mix set to 6.4%.

Afterwards, I used the UAD Ampex ATR 102 on the whole track to give it some of that tape sound.
I once got a chance to meet David Allen when the Arrows played two free shows at the Houston Astrodome. I was only 11 at the time! He was a really nice guy and the band sounded great!

Finally listened to the clip and it's stellar. Well played and the tones are really excellent. Thanks for sharing the preset.

Thanks for the preset. My band just added this song to our set list so now I instantly have the sound to go with it. This is one of those songs where you need the tone to spot on.

Back
Top Bottom