Chris Broderick AND Dave Mustaine using Axe-Fx... LIVE??

Sweet. Megadeth was one of the reasons I picked up the electric guitar back in the day, and was planning to see them this summer when they're in town.

Grats to Cliff for yet another high profile convert. :D

Sup?
Here you go.....Gleened this from another forum,,,
Mustainerack.jpg

MOSHON
DAVE

Saw Megadeth in Indianapolis a few weeks ago.

Sounds was TERRIBLE!! I don't mean the amp sounds...just overall sound. The high frequency was enough to take people's heads off. Horrible. Sound guy must have been deaf. Luckily I took ear plugs along and that filtered out some of the high frequency sounds and made it bearable.

A friend of mine went to the Altanta show just recently and said they sounded as good as the cd. Said Chris Broderick nailed not only every note from the early stuff but every tone as well.

it looks like dave is using those crappy digitech preamps. he still hasn't seen the light!

jb70 said:
it looks like dave is using those crappy digitech preamps. he still hasn't seen the light!

He'll probably end up switching over once his techs get more time with Chris's Axe-FX.

Tom said:
jb70 said:

He'll probably end up switching over once his techs get more time with Chris's Axe-FX.

Don't forget - endorser deal could also be in play here.

just got the new guitar world issue.broderick is on the cd rom giving an interview and playing some licks.but his axe fx is right there between his engl head and cab.

sidler72 said:
just got the new guitar world issue.broderick is on the cd rom giving an interview and playing some licks.but his axe fx is right there between his engl head and cab.
I was in the room for that shoot. Chris was just using the power section of the the Engl and the cab. All the tone shaping and effects were from the Ultra. Man, he can really play!

-TK

I'm stoked that Chris is going with AXE FX, and on a personal note, he is a really cool laid back guy and awesome guitarist !!! as i had the privilege of being his student. so right on Chris !!! the funny thing is that i got to know Engl amps because of him and i wanted one so bad but just didn't have the money to get one and now we are using the same gear that is awesome !!!! Chris you're the MAN !!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 369
Off Topic a bit: I have a CD that came with the August 2008 issue of Guitar World Magazine that has a video of Mustaine showing off a couple tricks. One of them he does SOOO badly it's friggin' hilarious to see that it was, for whatever reason, left in instead of just redone during filming. Here's the YouTube link. Watch at 2:50. Dave's awesome but that's just funny!

Off topic: I dig the New ad in Guitar World.
On Topic:
I think Chris has 2 AXE-FX because Dave secretly routes through one of the two. :p

Johnny Two Tone said:
One of them he does SOOO badly it's friggin' hilarious to see that it was, for whatever reason, left in instead of just redone during filming.

Mustaine seems drunk in that youtube video. Never been impressed with his tone or his playing. We can only hope for an improvement when he gets an Axe FX....

Back
Top Bottom