Chord-Freezer like a drone but with self played live chords

Liquid22

Inspired
Hi there !

Without any luck I'm trying since hours to program a sort of Chord-Freezer. Like a drone but with my self played Chord. Unfortunately it has to work quickly so I can’t use the Looper. May be some one can help me out.

I want to set a Block that holds my last played chord when I turn up the foot pedal. Then it should be possible to play over that Chord in the background. And when I turn down the pedal all should reset softly so the next chord can be played without “old” loops or traces.

I tried Delay with HOLD but the Chord doesn’t “freezes” it repeats and the picking is noticeable (should only be the full developed chord).

I also tried a Reverb but it’s not like a guitar plays in the room, it’s far away and not tight.

In addition I tried to use Volume-Blocks to cut things off or turn them later on. But nothing worked right.

Is there another Block or trick with Dly/Rev or ??? to get the described result?

Thanks
Liquid

Hi there !

Without any luck I'm trying since hours to program a sort of Chord-Freezer. Like a drone but with my self played Chord. Unfortunately it has to work quickly so I can’t use the Looper. May be some one can help me out.

I want to set a Block that holds my last played chord when I turn up the foot pedal. Then it should be possible to play over that Chord in the background. And when I turn down the pedal all should reset softly so the next chord can be played without “old” loops or traces.

I tried Delay with HOLD but the Chord doesn’t “freezes” it repeats and the picking is noticeable (should only be the full developed chord).

I also tried a Reverb but it’s not like a guitar plays in the room, it’s far away and not tight.

In addition I tried to use Volume-Blocks to cut things off or turn them later on. But nothing worked right.

Is there another Block or trick with Dly/Rev or ??? to get the described result?

Thanks
Liquid

Hold function can work when using reverb. It will sound like a synth though, so for me not so useable.

i'm trying to incorporate CC's settings into a patch. for the life of me, i can't get the control switch1 feature to change the reverb stack/hold feature between scenes. is there a step i'm missing somewhere?

Yeah, saw that. I didn’t hear a demo that convinced me that it really sustains a guitar sound and not a synth kinda sound..
Well...it does really sustain the guitar.
In my lessons w Jordan Klemons he uses this pedal to sustain clean guitar chords and solos over them.

Well...it does really sustain the guitar.
In my lessons w Jordan Klemons he uses this pedal to sustain clean guitar chords and solos over them.
Thank you. If i recall correctly there is quite a difference beteeen the sustained sound and the actual guitar sound. I’ll check again.

Back
Top Bottom