Choices, choices and Reality....(First Time Post)

Hi all,

Name is Jake. This is my first post here so please give me some leeway. :)

I Have been a stalwart when it comes to using cabs and heads. Never thought I would go after a modeler/profiler for live performances. Long story short, I changed my mind over a few beers with buddies after a show.

Anyway, I have decided to purchase a high power PA (Matrix most probably) and now need to pickup 2 cabs and 2 wedges. Timing is everything as I need them in short order. I am concerned with backorder and lead-times. I placed my name on the Atomic lists, but after numerous emails have not received any kind of correspondence.

With that said, I would appreciate any suggestions and comparisons from anyone with experience using these cabs and wedges in a large venue.

Thanks
Jake

Welcome in Jake ;) ether way you go you should be pleasantly surprised. FYI TK just posted that he would be shipping by the end of the week so theres that to consider... The Matrix stuff I haven't heard of any back orders and Matt is quick to ship out product and respond here on the board. I can't comment on comparisons other then I have seen and read a few here so you just need to do a search. From what I have read it seems that the Matrix is more guitar centric (hinting) at maybe a pronounced mid range whereas Atomic is geared more towards studio reference or accurate with respect to response. Im sure some of the guys will chime in here and give a better description but that's my read on it.

Hi all,

Name is Jake. This is my first post here so please give me some leeway. :)

I Have been a stalwart when it comes to using cabs and heads. Never thought I would go after a modeler/profiler for live performances. Long story short, I changed my mind over a few beers with buddies after a show.

Anyway, I have decided to purchase a high power PA (Matrix most probably) and now need to pickup 2 cabs and 2 wedges. Timing is everything as I need them in short order. I am concerned with backorder and lead-times. I placed my name on the Atomic lists, but after numerous emails have not received any kind of correspondence.

With that said, I would appreciate any suggestions and comparisons from anyone with experience using these cabs and wedges in a large venue.

Thanks
Jake
Hi Uncle Feng,

PM sent. Sorry to hear that your having trouble getting through. There must be some issue at hand since we work hard to reply to emails promptly. We're not perfect and occasionally an inquiry might slip through the cracks but it would be quite strange for us to miss multiple emails from a person interested in our products. We value these opportunities! Thanks for considering us.

Best,

Tom

Last edited:
If you already picked up the Matrix amp, you should seriously consider their passive cabs as well.

I do about 40 shows a year in small/med clubs (50-200 people) and I use the Matrix GT1000 with one Q12 cab.

I do not go through FOH and use it as my only source of amplification.

I have to tell you I am more than happy with the results. I have been a tube guy for almost 40 years and made the transition to 100% Axe this year and have not looked back. I had been using vintage amps (mostly fenders) as well as boutique amps (Bludotone, fuchs) and I do not miss them one bit.

The key for me has been:

FW10
Matrix Amp
Matrix Passive cab

I tried other solutions and they did not do it for me (for a number of reasons which I will not go into in this thread).

As a guitar player that plays live (I am not a studio rat) -- Matrix makes me feel right at home,

I would contact Matt at Matrix, I am sure he will be able to hook you up.

Last edited:
Hello Jake
I am in a similar situation in that I need to rather quickly seek a monitoring solution and have not had any luck getting a hold of anyone at atomic. I am curious if you have made a purchase and if so what choice you made.

Well, thanks folks, I appreciate the information and comments.

Tom King, no PM received.

Thanks

Jake Feng

Keep in mind these guys are really busy building amps and cabs so they get to communication when they can.

I have been in touch with personnel from all three companies Xitone, Atomic, and Matrix and like Fractal, their customer service is top-notch. I have talked to Matt from Matrix over the phone and thru emails, etc. with Tom from Atomic and Mick at Xitone. All three were professional, great guys.

As you can imagine with guitarists, we all like different things for different reasons. Players here on the forum use gear from the three companies above for different reasons. Unfortunately, it is hard for us to just blurt out what you should use without some considerations. You should think about what you are trying to achieve and then decide if you need a cab or wedge, live or studio use, active or passive option, etc.

You should read thru some older posts because there is a lot of great info.

Back
Top Bottom