Chinese guitar knock-offs... opinions?

I'm in the "no" camp (though I have to admit to being just a little tempted), but if they play so nice why the bloody hell is an actual Gibson so expensive? For a Les Paul, I'd rather go the UnsungHeroGuitars route, ie. a souped up Epiphone.
The average income in China is 15x lower than the US. Paying Chinese prices for their products with US wages helps their economy and hurts ours i.e. if you want everything here to cost what it does there, eventually you won't make any more here than they do there.

Last edited:
The average income in China is 15x lower than the US. Paying Chinese prices for their products with US wages helps their economy and hurts ours i.e. if you want everything here to cost what it does there, eventually you won't make any more here than they do there.

On the other hand my wages haven't increased with Gibson prices either, as its not like those increase Gibson price have trickled down to their workers Or workers in general. As my spendable income barely increases, and Western made stuff gets more expensive, buying a Chibson becomes more and more attractive. Any cheap foreign made stuff basically. I've noticed more and more economists who are calling for major wage increases, because if spendable income in Western countries does not increase, it will be a recipe for disaster in the long term.

I'd buy an LP made in India before I bought another USA Gibson. They are out of hand! Retail prices are getting ridiculous, nearly 2K (Canadian) for a Studio???? That's laughable.

On the other hand my wages haven't increased with Gibson prices either, as its not like those increase Gibson price have trickled down to their workers Or workers in general. As my spendable income barely increases, and Western made stuff gets more expensive, buying a Chibson becomes more and more attractive. Any cheap foreign made stuff basically. I've noticed more and more economists who are calling for major wage increases, because if spendable income in Western countries does not increase, it will be a recipe for disaster in the long term.
You are correct! I believe it's a disaster in the making! Between free trade, unchecked greed at the top and the rollback of protective regulations, there is no place to go but down for most Americans.

Back
Top Bottom