Charvel Cream Crackle: Help me identify please?

nojyeloot

Experienced

Having a booger of a time properly identifying this Charvel. Previous owner(s) did a hack job of repairing/modding it and want to get it back to a stock nut and OEM studs. I have TWO questions... more pix below. Thanks in advance guys:

A). Does anyone know which locking nut is the proper version for this? Ex: R1, R2, etc...

B). I measured the existing studs. They are "M8 x 1.0 threads"...NOT "M8 x 1.25". I cannot find the proper replacements for these. Anybody have any clues for me please? I really REALLY don't want to have to replace the anchor posts in this guitar if I don't have to, but know how if it comes to that.

I'd refer you to the Jackson Charvel Forum ( jcfonline.com ). I have a guess as to what's going on with that puppy, but those folks will know for sure. Nice guitar, btw.

It's a mutt. Looks like a 375 model body in desert crackle. the toggle switch is a add on. I think the neck more then likely is from a model 1, that's why the lock nut does not fit. model 1 charvels had a standard nut( no lock) As for the trem posts your cheapest fix would be to repair the old ones or replace them bushing and all. those parts where originaly made by Schaller for Charvel.

Pretty sure he's right. I suspected that neck had the wrong logo for the body, but I didn't want to jump the gun. That hack job actually doesn't look so bad....is there a functional problem with it?

It's a mutt. Looks like a 375 model body in desert crackle. the toggle switch is a add on. I think the neck more then likely is from a model 1, that's why the lock nut does not fit. model 1 charvels had a standard nut( no lock) As for the trem posts your cheapest fix would be to repair the old ones or replace them bushing and all. those parts where originaly made by Schaller for Charvel.

Thanks paranoid. Gave me a lot to go on.

Pretty sure he's right. I suspected that neck had the wrong logo for the body, but I didn't want to jump the gun. That hack job actually doesn't look so bad....is there a functional problem with it?

Ya, it's not "bad". Problem is with the anchors. They're chewed up rendering the tuning unstable when any sort of trem work is employed. Schaller base plate contact blades are in perfect condition tho. Had that issue with several other Floyd guitars ive had in the past, and a quick replacement anchor post fixes it.

I had that same guitar., Charvel 375 /475 or Fusion, early 90's model. It had the Charvel "toothpaste" logo on the head stock, so yeah that is not the correct neck.

Back
Top Bottom