Channel switching

JPE

Who can help me out?
I want a preset using two amps: I define the 4 type of amps 1 and 2 in the channel section and save after every alteration. Next I define the amps: in the amp 1 I choose a preset out of my block library and next all 4 channels of Amp 1 have the same amp type and the 4 I previously saved are gone.

What do I do wrong?

Block library loads an entire block. A block has 4 channels. You are replacing all 4 channels when you load a block.

What he said. Pull up the amp channel you want in another preset using Axe-Exit and choose “copy channel to clipboard”. Go to your new preset, choose the appropriate channel on the amp block, and “paste clipboard to current channel”. Then save. No need to “define the amps” beforehand; pasting the amp channel will paste the model and all values in the block.

This is interesting. I just started using global blocks and I didn't factor in the channels. My working assumption was I was saving the channel. I'm kinda working my presets on a per-song basis for multiple guitars and wanted to use saved blocks to keep the amps consistent across presets, but I have a number of amps spread across the 8-total channels and might need to rethink my approach

This is interesting. I just started using global blocks and I didn't factor in the channels. My working assumption was I was saving the channel. I'm kinda working my presets on a per-song basis for multiple guitars and wanted to use saved blocks to keep the amps consistent across presets, but I have a number of amps spread across the 8-total channels and might need to rethink my approach
The global block saves all 4 channels. Global blocks are a separate discussion from this thread topic.

Back
Top Bottom