Channel swap

eddysel10

The fact that you can swap scenes is very helpful. It gives you the opportunity to work very fast and efficient.
Is there a way to swap channels too? I see the option to only copy one channel to another one. Please refer to attached pictures.

Channel
1705511375931.png

Scenes
1705511459549.png

There is not a direct channel swap function, but we can copy the channel to the clipboard, switch to the alternate channel, copy it to the original, THEN paste from the clipboard, effectively doing a swap.

Reordering channels is not as functionally important as reordering scenes. Scenes are important to the flow of a song, whereas the channels, being remembered by the scenes, can be out of order.

The channel’s order is mostly important to us in an OCD sort of way just because we like having everything in order. It’ll still work otherwise but it annoys us. :)

Last edited:
There is not a direct channel swap function, but we can copy the channel to the clipboard, switch to the alternate channel, copy it to the original, THEN paste from the clipboard, effectively doing a swap.

Reordering channels is not as functionally important as reordering scenes. Scenes are important to the flow of a song, whereas the channels, being remembered by the scenes, can be out of order.

The channel’s order is mostly important to us in an OCD sort of way just because we like having everything in order. It’ll still work otherwise but it annoys us. :)
Thanks for the reply.

I build a some kind of complicated preset where I was looking if there is a FC per scene in the FM9T. I have a post about it in this forum.

Regarding channel swapping, I wanted to be able to switch from one channel to another in a particular order, so I don't even have to think about it when playing guitar solo. I solved the issue exactly as you mentioned above, thus by copy / paste. But it will be great if you can just swap channels too.

channel’s order is mostly important to us in an OCD sort of way
Yes and no.

If an amp block's channels are arranged from Clean, Edge, Crunch, Lead, then it's easier to remember which is which when you want to select a desired channel for a certain scene. This also applies to footswitches arrayed to select channels. I do it with chorus from light to washy to vibrato. I do it with delays from slap to crazy. I do it with Rotary (slow fast). And more.

Not all channel assortments can have this kind of progression, but when you arrange things for a future of "don't make me think" that's not just "OCD."

it will be great if you can just swap channels too.
Agreed.

in an OCD sort of way
that's not just "OCD."
I think we're on the same page.

I think having a swap would be very nice. When I'm in my "clean up and make it orderly" mood, having a single action that'd swap, similar to our ability to copy, would speed up tidying.

And, while we're at it it'd be nice to have the copy/paste in the FC Per-Preset screen along with dragging an assignment to another performing a swap, similar to switch assignments. I know, "let's not get carried away… that's just crazy talk!" :)

Yes and no.

If an amp block's channels are arranged from Clean, Edge, Crunch, Lead, then it's easier to remember which is which when you want to select a desired channel for a certain scene. This also applies to footswitches arrayed to select channels. I do it with chorus from light to washy to vibrato. I do it with delays from slap to crazy. I do it with Rotary (slow fast). And more.

Not all channel assortments can have this kind of progression, but when you arrange things for a future of "don't make me think" that's not just "OCD."
Thanks for your post. You understand exactly what I mean. My scenes are ordered in the way you specify in your post. In my scene 8, I use all 4 channels of the amp 2 block. I have a different amp for each channel, for a specific goal. It is great that you can tailored almost everything within the Fractal units. These units are exceptional.

Back
Top Bottom