Channel preset not saving between scenes?

I am creating a new preset with the Pitch Block 2 on channel A in scene 1. It has a dual chromatic type utilizing Leon Todd’s eventide setting loaded in from the block library.

When I go to scene 8 I put pitch block 2 on channel B but with the same setting with a pitch follower modifier to adjust the mix of the block (Thanks Leon).

When I toggle back to Scene 1 with Ch A on the block, it stays on the setting I utilize for Scene 8 Ch B.

I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. I saved both blocks with modifiers included in the block library. If I change Scene 1 Ch A back to the non-mix modified setting, save, then go to scene 8, Ch B has the setting from Ch A now. This is not how any of my other blocks work, this is the only one I have found to be buggy.

What am I doing wrong?

Entire blocks saved into your library are able to include controller settings. But when you import it into your preset, it always includes all four channels of the block. So if you try to import it into a specific individual channel of an existing block, it will overwrite all four channels.

Single channels saved into your library can be imported into specific individual channels of an existing block. But Controllers are not included with single channels saved into your library. This is to prevent any controller conflicts from occurring.

You could add one of the Pitch blocks to your library as single channel. And then add it to an unused channel of the other one with it's controller intact. Then decide whether you want/need that 'Pitch Follower' controller on all channels, or just one of them

Entire blocks saved into your library are able to include controller settings. But when you import it into your preset, it always includes all four channels of the block. So if you try to import it into a specific individual channel of an existing block, it will overwrite all four channels.

Single channels saved into your library can be imported into specific individual channels of an existing block. But Controllers are not included with single channels saved into your library. This is to prevent any controller conflicts from occurring.

You could add one of the Pitch blocks to your library as single channel. And then add it to an unused channel of the other one with it's controller intact. Then decide whether you want/need that 'Pitch Follower' controller on all channels, or just one of them

Excellent and detailed response. I think I understand. I will save the pitch follower preset on a separate block in my library and try that. The pitch follower modifier is a more of a "want" than a "need" but it's sure cool to have that big width on chords, but not on the high notes. Thank you for your help. I'll try those options instead of just chase my tail!

Always learn something from your posts. I kept running into this issue when importing from my library and wasn’t sure what’s happening .
You’ve got a great combination of knowing the device and software really well along with the ability to explain it clearly.

I’m not quite understanding this part. “Then add it to an unused channel of the other one with its controller intact.” Do you mean the other pitch block?

What’ve tried so far is copying channel A to all channels of one block, then trying to add a mix modifier to just channel B, but this seems to be a global control for the whole block. I suppose I could potentially add the modifier to both levels of the voices to achieve the same result?

If I'm reading correctly, you already got identical settings for channels A & B, and you want a mix modifier applied to channel B only. If that's right, at the modifier menu (with the graph/dot/min/max/etc.) set the "channel" parameter to "B".

If I'm reading correctly, you already got identical settings for channels A & B, and you want a mix modifier applied to channel B only. If that's right, at the modifier menu (with the graph/dot/min/max/etc.) set the "channel" parameter to "B".

Thanks. My confusion was with how I was saving the settings in the block library. I understand now thanks to everyone’s direction.

Back
Top Bottom