Changing SYSEX ID = 125 - Liquid Foot Jr. Synch w/ AXE-FX Standard

Johnny Raz

Hi -

I have an Axe FX Standard with the 10.3 firmware update, and just received a Liquid Foot Jr. today. I am completely new to MIDI, but I can't get the two to communicate at all. I looked on a site and found the following directions here --> http://voes.be/liquidfoot/jr/axefx_autoload.html

So it seems like I need to change the Sysex ID to 125 to make the Liquid Foot communicate with the Axe-FX, but when I go into the I/0 on my Axe-FX, I am not able to edit the Sysex ID. What do I do now? Can anyone help? I want to use my LF Jr......

DIRECTIONS (cut and paste from Web Site):

AXE-FX: Autoload presets from the Axe-Fx
DISCRIPTION: Sync with the preset-names and IA-states of the AXE-FX.

PREPERATIONS ON THE LF:
•Make sure the LF can recieve MIDI by using a 7-pin MIDI-cable plugged into the MIDI-OUT
or an additional 5-pin MIDI-cable plugged into the MIDI-IN.
•Name MIDI-channel 1 to Axe-Fx. See Naming.
•Make sure that the LF has Sysex ID = 127. See here where to do that.
PREPERATIONS ON THE AXE-FX:
•Go to the I/O menu, MIDI page.
Set SYSEX ID = 125. •Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX = Tuner.
•If you had to make any changes, shut power to the AXE-FX off and turned it back on.

Those instructions are out of date. As of 10.02 AxeFx is set to official sysex ID 00 01 74 and cannot be changed.

Last edited:
Then does anyone have any advice for me - because right now I have a Liquid Foot Jr. that doesn't work with my Axe-FX........

Who has recently purchased one who can help me out?

In decimal, the current sysex id is 372. To use that with the LFjr subtract 256 to give 116--set the lfjr to 116 and it should work.

Why? The lfjr uses a single byte for sysex id, while the AxeFx extends that to three: 00 01 74. The least significant byte is hex 74, which equals decimal 116.

In decimal, the current sysex id is 372. To use that with the LFjr subtract 256 to give 116--set the lfjr to 116 and it should work.

Why? The lfjr uses a single byte for sysex id, while the AxeFx extends that to three: 00 01 74. The least significant byte is hex 74, which equals decimal 116.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my new LFjr and the Axe Fx ultra.

I have the LFjr set to 116 as mentioned above, but what is the Axe fx suppose to be set to
on the LFjr in the Utility menu to upload the presets? Continuously getting error on the LFjr - ER:01 00 000 , Preset #000

Anyone? please assist if possible, thank you kindly

Last edited:
lol ok figured it out, wasn't setting the Axe Fx ID on the LFjr to 116, works now. Thank you for that info previously posted, helped allot.

:)

thanks. i had the same problem today and setting the LF jr to sys ex=116 did the trick!

This stuff sounds greek to me. I don't know if I am ever going to get set up. Maybe once I get past the initial setup learning curve it will be come easier. I sure hope so..

thanks. i had the same problem today and setting the LF jr to sys ex=116 did the trick!

Hey bj 70, can you explain exactly how you did that? I'm pretty rusty with programming the JR and I lost an hour today trying to get the two to talk. I can't afford that again.

Thanks,

Dave Hoskins

Hey bj 70 or anyone else who cares to help, can you explain exactly how you did that? I'm pretty rusty with programming the JR and I lost an hour today trying to get the two to talk. I can't afford that again. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom